Saca312

Richard Sherman Likely Tore Achilles. If So, That's The End Of His Season.

Damn.. I hate that injury for anyone in football. 

I really believe Steve Smith is the only one who can still change a game after recovering from that injury.

I know Seattle is a big rival of the panthers and Sherman obviously would never want to play for us and talks about how free Seattle players have it compared to Charlotte.. but he's great to watch. 

I have no clue how Seattle has kept their team together over the years. Like where does all this money come from to pay everyone?

Sherman is a great asset to the NFL

I hope he has a quick recovery and is back to challenge WRs soon.

Smart and talented CB that brings a lot to the NFL and his position.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

I'm no Sherman fan, but to think his career is over after this is absurd to say the least

Might not be over literally, but he might not recover to what he is now

10 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

I'm no Sherman fan, but to think his career is over after this is absurd to say the least

He'll turn 30 before the start of next season and he already was relatively slow for an NFL CB. 

Won't shock me a bit. The Achilles is a brutal injury. A lot worse than an ACL. 

• Pie 1

As someone who tore his achillies about 21 months ago, I can say with some experience that he will be able to run and even sprint completely normal again afternoon recovery... but he'll never be able to push off and accelerate with any kind of real burst again. For a guy who already lacked top speed at a position where change of direction is critical, I won't say his career is over but his days as a #1 or even a #2 CB is over without a doubt. 

5 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

He may still be able to play down the road but aont be be the same

Achilles injuries end all sorts of careers.

Jon Beason is a good example, after he tore his he was no where near the same player.  We cut him, had a try in NY and washed out of the league.  

Crabtree was one of the better WRs in the league.  After the injury and move to Oakland he has looked alright at times as a #2  WR

7 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Another reason to hate friggin Thursday night games. 

Or practice...

Watson then fell to the ground in practice on Thursday, when Texans trainers determined their quarterback suffered a season-ending torn ACL. Watson has not decided when to have surgery, but it is considered an eight- to nine-month recovery, per a source. Watson made it back from this injury in college in five months, however.

yeah....Thursday/Monday games and hardly any practice, this will happen more and more. 

Isn't it amazing how easy the human body is to diagnose/fix except for the human brain. 

8 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Another reason to hate friggin Thursday night games. 

Luke has had 3 major concussions that have caused him to miss playing time. Two of them occurred during Thursday night games in the 2016 and 2017 seasons. I can't help but wonder if this could have been avoided if he'd been given more time to recover from the previous games.

All of the players seem to hate Thursday Night Football. This could be major issue in the next collective bargaining agreement.

Edited by SCO96
Typo