Saca312

Richard Sherman Likely Tore Achilles. If So, That's The End Of His Season.

54 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Luke has had 3 major concussions that have caused him to miss playing time. Two of them occurred during Thursday night games in the 2016 and 2017 seasons. I can't help but wonder if this could have been avoided if he'd been given more time to recover from the previous games.

All of the players seem to hate Thursday Night Football. This could be major issue in the next collective bargaining agreement.

Yeah, because no one ever gets hurt on Sunday or Monday games. It's those damn Thursday games, I'll tell ya! 

How would playing on Sunday instead of Thursday helped Sherman not tear his Achilles?

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah, because no one ever gets hurt on Sunday or Monday games. It's those damn Thursday games, I'll tell ya! 

How would playing on Sunday instead of Thursday helped Sherman not tear his Achilles?

It was lingering for him.  Ever had an Achilles issue?  I have, and before I did, it was just a word to me.  Trust me, rest (a few more days) is huge.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Nails said:

It was lingering for him.  Ever had an Achilles issue?  I have, and before I did, it was just a word to me.  Trust me, rest (a few more days) is huge.

So you're trying to tell me that if Sherman would have played Sunday instead of Thursday this week he would not have torn his Achilles?

Just now, joemac said:

So you're trying to tell me that if Sherman would have played Sunday instead of Thursday this week he would not have torn his Achilles?

Obviously no one can say that for sure.  But rest is the only answer to a lingering Achilles.  It’s very possible a few days could have made the difference.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

He may still be able to play down the road but aont be be the same

Achilles injuries end all sorts of careers.

Jon Beason is a good example, after he tore his he was no where near the same player.  We cut him, had a try in NY and washed out of the league.  

Crabtree was one of the better WRs in the league.  After the injury and move to Oakland he has looked alright at times as a #2  WR

Crabtree would be a #1 WR for a lot of teams in the league, and arguably is for Oakland with Amari Cooper's struggles

• Pie 1

Always liked Sherman, stood up for cam multiple times. Hoping a speedy recovery, I think he'll be fine in Seattle afterwards, their coaching staff knows how to get the best out of you regardless the status

• Pie 2

Hate to see that...he wasn't fast to begin with, and this will slow him down more...hope he can make a recovery, but if not..he's had a great career, and will have a great one off the field.

Did I miss something or did he walk off the field on his own and then around the sideline a bit? If so, that's pretty amazing with that injury. Don't remember ever seeing a guy not get carted off with an achilles injury.

2 hours ago, Nails said:

Obviously no one can say that for sure.  But rest is the only answer to a lingering Achilles.  It’s very possible a few days could have made the difference.

This topic is mainly about Sherman's Achilles. I'm sure he (and the other guys) have other ailments that go unreported but bother them from game to game. The extra time between games surely helps the physical (and mental) recovery.

Years ago I heard Troy Aikman do an interview. He said in his 20's  he'd always be sore for a couple of days after the game, but was fine by game time the next week. By the time he retired he said there were a lot times he played and he had not recovered from the previous week. Tiki Barber said the same thing he was asked about his somewhat premature retirement. Barber retired after having his best statistical rushing season.

I don't see how those guys can possibly be ready to play 4 days after a Sunday game. Having to go on the road only makes it more difficult. Thursday night games should be for teams coming off of a bye week, Thanksgiving, and to start the season. Let's be honest, the quality of most of the games is subpar and they are definitely not must see events.

Edited by SCO96
Typo

40 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Now that’s a leader right there! Get will Sherm!

That's pure stupidity not leadership... long term he's hurting their team far more by not resting it.

21 minutes ago, ncsportsfan1234 said:

That's pure stupidity not leadership... long term he's hurting their team far more by not resting it.

I agree. If he could have rested for a few weeks and avoided this they would be better off. 

• Pie 1