1 hour ago, jayflip said:

See John Fox on the Broncos. I truly believe Rivera to be a great guy and mediocre coach. Mich like Foxy, who was able to do great things with the Broncos, but the FO knew he couldn’t get them over the hump to win it all. 

Guess how that story ended.

Not saying I want RR gone per say, but I can understand the sentiment without getting all Hubby about it. 

Fox and Rivera, both coaches who got the Panthers to the Superb Owl. You realize how few head coaches actually make it there, right?

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

And honestly, can you really call it magic if we didn't win it all?

That pretty much says it

Overall I think Rivera is a good fit and as had good success.  However he hasn't delivered two things long time Carolina fans crave.  A ring, and back to back winning seasons.  That's pretty funny though because if you look at the Panthers playoff appearances since 2013 it among the best in the league.  If we get back to the playoffs this year that's 4 out of the 5 past seasons we made the playoffs.  Not indicative of a team without back to backing winning seasons.  

As long as Rivera keeps getting us to the playoffs I'm cool.  If you keep getting to the playoffs at some point you're gonna bring home the Lombardi, unless your Buffalo, KC, Minnesota, or Atlanta.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Beer 2

I find it hilarious that OP feels the need to rally support for the coaches on this team.  They are here as long as JR wants them here.  Nothing we say or do will change that.  I will say that they have peaked with this team and will never sniff another SB so enjoy your hero's while you can.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, jfra78 said:

WE didn't have anything to do with making the playoffs in that 7-9-1 year, the rest of the NFCS just sucked more.  So as far as I'm concerned he had 2 good years out of 6. 

The team won 4 out of 5 after the bye. With 3 of those wins against NFCS teams, all of which had similar records with a “winner takes” all scenario.They took care of business to get to the playoffs that year; it definitely counts.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Fox and Rivera, both coaches who got the Panthers to the Superb Owl. You realize how few head coaches actually make it there, right?

I do realize that. It’s why I respect that the Broncos made a very hard decision to replace a successful coach with one who got them a Lombardi. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1