4 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

If he just became Riverboat Ron again he would be a dramatically better coach. He’s become conservative since 2015.

He only became "Riverboat Ron" when his behind was on the hot seat. Once he received that extension, he reverted back to the conservative coach that he's always been. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, PandaPancake said:

I'm of the opinion that Rivera is a good coach that makes poor choices. Good in the way of delegating but bad in the way of being loyal

So, he's good, but damn he sucks?

14 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

You know what. We did have a MAGIC year in 2015. But how many teams have done that? Does not a coach that can deliver that, DESERVE some credit?

We are 6-3. We are in the thick of things. Yet again. We HAVE had SUCCESS in the recent past. We have a coach that has proven to be able to lead a team to the Promised land. Yet, that seems to be somehow less than acceptable?

I don't get it.

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

One magic season is great.

Perennial contending seasons are better.

And honestly, can you really call it magic if we didn't win it all?

my outlook on this team is some weird mutant hybrid mix of these two lines of thought

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

That negates all the praise he gets for his Offense?

In 2015, Shula's "lauded" year, the 12-4 Denver Broncos defensive coordinator won Assistant Coach of the Year over the 15-1 Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press_NFL_Assistant_Coach_of_the_Year_Award

Interestingly, in 2016, the OC of the *losing* Super Bowl team won Assistant Coach of the Year.

I wonder why "lauded" Shula didn't win it as the Super Bowl loser?  I'll tell you why... all the "lauds" he gets and that you are referring to comes from talking heads who don't know jack squat.  NFL defensive coordinators "laud" the heck out of Shula because they know exactly what's coming and exactly what he's going to do.  Just ask the 2015 Assistant Coach of the Year winner.

Edited by tiger7_88

13 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

In 2015, Shula's "lauded" year, the 12-4 Denver Broncos defensive coordinator won Assistant Coach of the Year over the 15-1 Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press_NFL_Assistant_Coach_of_the_Year_Award

Interestingly, in 2016, the OC of the *losing* Super Bowl team won Assistant Coach of the Year.

I wonder why "lauded" Shula didn't win it as the Super Bowl loser?  I'll tell you why... all the "lauds" he gets and that you are referring to comes from talking heads who don't know jack squat.  NFL defensive coordinators "laud" the heck out of Shula because they know exactly what's coming and exactly what he's going to do.  Just ask the 2015 Assistant Coach of the Year winner.

Um??? What does that have to do with Shula being recognized for his Offense? Because he wasn't Assistant Coach of the Year? Because you think he needs to get interviews for a HC job, or he isn't performing?

It sure looks like, for the 4th time in the last 5 years, we are going to the Playoffs. But for you, there is something wrong with that?

You seem to be unhappy about how we are succeeding. But should that matter? Is not the Playoffs the goal every year? 

I get it. You are an Auburn fan, and by extension, a Cam fan. It sure seems like, because Cam is not a perennial MVP.  That Shula must be doing something wrong. 

11 minutes ago, TDAllDay said:

Oh here is hubby1 again choking on Ron and Shula's nutz.

Oh look...a drive by trolling.

If you have something to say, and wish to debate me. Come at me. But I will say. You are not off to such a good start. 

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Um??? What does that have to do with Shula being recognized for his Offense? Because he wasn't Assistant Coach of the Year? Because you think he needs to get interviews for a HC job, or he isn't performing?

It sure looks like, for the 4th time in the last 5 years, we are going to the Playoffs. But for you, there is something wrong with that?

You seem to be unhappy about how we are succeeding. But should that matter? Is not the Playoffs the goal every year? 

I get it. You are an Auburn fan, and by extension, a Cam fan. It sure seems like, because Cam is not a perennial MVP.  That Shula must be doing something wrong. 

Wow...playoffs....big deal.  You haven't made it as a franchise until you win a superbowl.

Just now, TDAllDay said:

Wow...playoffs....big deal.  You haven't made it as a franchise until you win a superbowl.

Well, that is one way to look at it. 

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I find it hilarious that OP feels the need to rally support for the coaches on this team.  They are here as long as JR wants them here.  Nothing we say or do will change that.  I will say that they have peaked with this team and will never sniff another SB so enjoy your hero's while you can.

Brother Snow, you seem negative bro. I’m not one to normally call a man out but jeez, I can rely on you to bring a negative vibe. Seriously, no offense....you alright?  

If you are just a pessimistic fan ....that’s cool.  I just felt the need to check on you because of your Av. I’m a Jon Snow fan so I can’t help it. 

Cmon man. 

21 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

Brother Snow, you seem negative bro. I’m not one to normally call a man out but jeez, I can rely on you to bring a negative vibe. Seriously, no offense....you alright?  

If you are just a pessimistic fan ....that’s cool.  I just felt the need to check on you because of your Av. I’m a Jon Snow fan so I can’t help it. 

Cmon man. 

Normally I'm as level headed as they come.  I just can't get beyond the fact that Hurney is back in the building.  And despite all the positive spin and all the accolades you guys place on this coaching staff they have yet to build a consistent winner.   This experiment has run it's course and it's time to move on.  I watch because it's my team but I will not make excuses for incompetence.