Jangler

Is Football Dying? (nothing to do with ratings or over saturation)

stanford is close to being able to test for CTE in living individuals.

That will probably be its death stroke as we know it. 

It won't go away, it'll just change dramatically. it's gone through massive changes before. Hell, Teddy Roosevelt made rule changes to keep it from being banned because so many people died every year playing it. 

• Pie 9

4 minutes ago, iBBB said:

Are you hearing what you're saying?

You just laughed when I said that no one if forced to play football and you supported that with this? That is what you call being forced to work somewhere? Gtfo. That's not even close to being forced. Try again. 

Plenty of kids are forced (at the very least heavily pressured) to play football by their Dad's.

You didn't have teammates like this? I had plenty that did so for "Dad's dream."

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, iBBB said:

Are you hearing what you're saying?

You just laughed when I said that no one if forced to play football and you supported that with this? That is what you call being forced to work somewhere? Gtfo. That's not even close to being forced. Try again. 

If you're only choice in life is playing football or dying (or letting others die), there are bigger issues in your life than how dangerous NFL is.

come down off your ivory throne and look around. Players past and present are playing for one reason. to take care of mother and no other reason. 

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Plenty of kids are forced (at the very least heavily pressured) to play football by their Dad's.

You didn't have teammates like this? I had plenty that did so for "Dad's dream."

You don't play pro football as a kid. I get what you're saying but being pressured at early age is not the same as being forced to play at pro level. I don't think yall understand what the word forced means. 

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

It won't go away, it'll just change dramatically. it's gone through massive changes before. Hell, Teddy Roosevelt made rule changes to keep it from being banned because so many people died every year playing it. 

fug the treehuggers 

5 minutes ago, Jangler said:

come down off your ivory throne and look around. Players past and present are playing for one reason. to take care of mother and no other reason. 

There is a fallacy somewhere in that response. I hope you find it. 

By the logic of what you just said, people that don't play pro football are unable to take care of their mother and loved ones. 

Edited by iBBB

No but generation after generation are getting softer . Toughness has always been on a decline even since the first start of the NFL the 1st NFL players were tough as nails that would play with broken bones and it's not even just football that got soft  it's society

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, iBBB said:

There is a fallacy somewhere in that response. Let's find it. 

By the logic of what you just said, people that don't play pro football are unable to take care of their mother and loved ones. 

lol I'm not @TheRed

Edited by Jangler

21 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Go back to leather helmets. 

Concussion problem solved immediately. 

Seriously, go watch a rugby match. Those guys tackle with their head up every time. Wrap up, proper technique, NEVER lead with their own head. Result: Much fewer concussions. 

THIS, there will be a few more broken noses and teeth, but fewer concussions.  

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1

In 20 years the NFL will be 7 on 7 flag football. All passes - final scores something like 75-68.

Kinda like the arena league.

31 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Would be interested to see a Luke Kuechly brain vs. say a Dan Morgan brain. 

Sure Luke has had a lot of concussions, but he gets one and doesn’t play again for five games. Would be interested to see how that affects the presence of CTE vs. some of the old school guys that would get multiple concussions in one game and keep playing. 

• Pie 2