• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jangler

Is Football Dying? (nothing to do with ratings or over saturation)

theres a communication problem.. 

I feel like its common sense and if you understand anything about humans, you know hitting your head or shaking your head in any way... Jet Skis, Soccer heading, fuging Headbanging, anything like that gives you a chance to damage your brain.

I also remember signing up as a kid signing a waiver saying I know the physical consequences of this competitive sport.

The media will destroy football because it has such a grasp on such a large number of Americans. I think we saw a wave of players from different parts of the country than from the more common South, and still in that but soon will return to a majority of SEC and southern conferences rise again. If you're a rich House Wife in California you are not going to let your kid play football.. you'll sign him up for tennis lessons.

I think it will come in waves and yes it is on a downward slope. The world is connected, you will hear every single story from any negative outcome of someones health around America. Those stories will be sensationalized and blown up, something you didn't always see decades ago because the news wasn't so in your face and around you 24'7 telling you whats popular.

Sure theres a combo of factors like said above. I also think some people spout that EVERY NFL player will be some guy hanging on for life in 15 years. Some guys make it out perfectly fine other than whats expected when you have that physical load.

Thats becoming a popular opinion and will turn off kids because they don't want to be labeled as someone unstable, etc. 
I also think Football is the hardest team sport for production reasons and just having full teams, full equipment, discipline.

22 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

NBA viewership is up. When I give up football for good, I’ll just go back to watching more NBA and MLB

parity in nba is trash

For me, moving up here has ruined some of my fandom since they don't come on TV and aren't covered by the media.

But more so, the game is just too annoying. 10 billion commercials, long games, and OMG ... run a play, stop in action, run a play, commercial, run a play, stop in action, commercial, run a play, stop in action, play, stop, play, stop, commercial. I like how soccer is non stop, an inning in baseball could technically go 30 min without a commercial, and hockey is fast. If it weren't for timeouts galore, the NBA would even be fun. But seeing a play, then watching them walk back to the huddle, then a 1 yd run, then waiting, then a play, then waiting ... so tiresome. Plus only one game a week?

I still love the team but the NFL product is a pain to watch.

2 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Football isn't going anywhere. It's too popular and generates too much money. They will change helmets, adjust the rules again, etc...whatever they need to do. Sure, it has taken a popularity hit, but it is not going away. 

keep telling yourself that.

to be honest if NFL dies I would not really care anymore with all the stupid protesting crap and Nfl rigging games its got to the point I don't even give a poo anymore.

2 hours ago, Still Brooklyn said:

For me, moving up here has ruined some of my fandom since they don't come on TV and aren't covered by the media.

But more so, the game is just too annoying. 10 billion commercials, long games, and OMG ... run a play, stop in action, run a play, commercial, run a play, stop in action, commercial, run a play, stop in action, play, stop, play, stop, commercial. I like how soccer is non stop, an inning in baseball could technically go 30 min without a commercial, and hockey is fast. If it weren't for timeouts galore, the NBA would even be fun. But seeing a play, then watching them walk back to the huddle, then a 1 yd run, then waiting, then a play, then waiting ... so tiresome. Plus only one game a week?

I still love the team but the NFL product is a pain to watch.

The maximum time between plays is 40 seconds unless there is a time out. You are just being overly dramatic!

Well, if it all ends I'm just happy I got to witness a Cam Newton type player and he played for the team I grew up with, and I witnessed Norte Dame get that butt whooped down in Miami Gardens. Great to see the convicts, I mean confidence beat down the goodie two shoe boys!

39 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

I think it started dying back when they moved the window to press coverage from 10yds to 5.

Football died February 1st, 2004 when John Kasay kicked off out of bounds.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:28 PM, iBBB said:

The average NFL player salary is  $1.9mil and the end of the day, football is a job. None of the players play for our entertainment alone. 

I'm not sure why people don't understand that no one is forced to play football. I think NFL should just go ahead and declare that playing tackle football will 100% impact your brain health and all the reasons why playing football is dangerous. For this reason, the players are highly compensated. Nothing will change. There will be just as many players trying to play for 10 years and make as much money as possible. I know I would. 

I'm all for making it safer but there is a limit to what you can do trying to circumvent or soften a collision with a 250lb person at full speed. We might be at that limit in today's age. 

I know this sounds dull and inconsiderable, but at the end of the day, the players are sacrificing their bodies for an absurd amount of money and fame. It is their choice, unlike in the gladiator days. 

Nobody is forcing them and  that's the point. When it dies at the youth level the end result is obvious.

Honestly I started losing interest in football before the whole kneeling started.. it started about the time when CTE was being blamed for the suicides of football players.. I felt like the game didn't evolve enough to protect the players.. we have specialized helmets and accessories not being worn uniformly when it really should be..

On 11/10/2017 at 8:25 AM, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

NFL won't exist in 30 years

Hell football at any level will be gone by then.. replaced by soccer i'm sure.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Cobra

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts