dldove77

Potential Postseason Advantage

23 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Panthers get back Olsen. Our offense is trending to more a quick strike offense that can finally be initiated due to having the right players. Samuel's a legitimate rookie who'll likely blow up sooner than later. 

Add our already stout defense, and I expect 12-4 with maybe a loss to the Vikings or the Saints.

I don't see losses outside of possibly Vikings or Aints--and I expect to win at least one of those, probably both. Vikings we're at home and I really don't see them scoring much on us with Teddy or Keenum, offense with Greg and possibly Kalil should be able to be good enough by then. Aints seem to be good but every win has been against a bad team except their win over us and it being a divisional game after a loss to them already I think our guys will be ready to smack them down in NO--like in '13 (even though we each won at home that year not away).

By the time we play the Falcons in week 17 their season will be over and they will have thrown in the towel. What other teams would we lose to? And don't bring up the Bears game that was an anomaly. If Rodgers somehow came back when eligible against us (he won't) then maybe the Packers game could be a loss, but even still I think we'd smack them down. That team is horrible without Rodgers and not good enough with him to beat us.

The Chicago game combined with the litany of dumbass coaching moments and fug ups on offense we've seen this year have really tempered my expectations for the season.  Hoping for 12-4 but expecting 10-6, or hell, even worse.  We've got the potential to be good once we get out of our own way.  Until then, I just don't see it happening this season.

Would obviously love to be wrong tho

13 minutes ago, joemac said:

Im thinking we lose to Atlanta in ATL, and possibly Minnesota depending on how Teddy B looks when he comes back.

Not losing to Toothpick Teddy and/or the Vikings at home again.  This is a new year and even last year we should have been up double digits at half.  Won’t happen again.

7 minutes ago, RelaxImaPro said:

The Chicago game combined with the litany of dumbass coaching moments and fug ups on offense we've seen this year have really tempered my expectations for the season.  Hoping for 12-4 but expecting 10-6, or hell, even worse.  We've got the potential to be good once we get out of our own way.  Until then, I just don't see it happening this season.

Would obviously love to be wrong tho

The Chicago game was two insanely fluky plays that changed everything.  That game is over.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Nails said:

The Chicago game was two insanely fluky plays that changed everything.  That game is over.

This is true, but the team gave up after those fluky plays...that bothered me more than the loss.

I still can't get that coaching job out of my head.

God, I hope that stupid fluky loss to the Bears doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. That was one annoying loss.

12 minutes ago, Castavar said:

God, I hope that stupid fluky loss to the Bears doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. That was one annoying loss.

It’s possible but doubtful.  We still control our #2 seed destiny and the Eagles game, not the Bears, will be what (likely) cost us the #1 seed.

2 hours ago, Nails said:

I do.  Odds are we might drop one in New Orleans or Atlanta but even if we split those we’re 12-4.  New Orleans simply isn’t good enough to sweep us IMO, we’ll have Olsen, and we have a winning record all time down there.

The Falcons can beat us too of course but might have nothing to play for.

50/50 at worst odds for both games.

Unfortunately the Aints look to be legit, barring a huge breakdown they could easily sweep us. Pretty sure the Falcons didn’t have much to play for last year and ended our unbeaten streak... anything can happen

20 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Unfortunately the Aints look to be legit, barring a huge breakdown they could easily sweep us. Pretty sure the Falcons didn’t have much to play for last year and ended our unbeaten streak... anything can happen

Better odds they lose 2 of their next 3 than win 2 of their next 3.  They’re not legit.  Same mediocre garbage they’ve been for over half a decade, that’s already blown their load this year.

3 hours ago, thomas96 said:

We're going to be 12-4 or 13-3.

yep. i share this mindset. Vikings and Saints will provide challenges, but are both entirely winnable. Packers will just be getting Rodgers back and he'll either be rusty, or wont play. 28-3, nuff said. and the Dolphins, Jets, and Bucs are scrubs to pad our win total. the Jets and Dolphins could be sneaky teams that could shock us if we dont show up to play, but im hoping the players learned their lesson about that after Chicago.

Would not surprise me at all if we dont lose another game. Cam seems very VERY excited to get Greg back, and thus we should be too. i bet we see our offense take off down in New Orleans when Greg has had a week to get back in the active roster routine.

• Beer 1