• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SJTG4

Pretty interesting article.. Worley seems unhappy. Rivera comments.

IIRC Worley has graded out well in run support, and while he has gotten beat some, he's also made some good plays.

I think it is just a case of the coaches feeling like Seymour is better in certain situations.

It's not like Worley has been completely benched. I am happy that he wants to play, but he has to be a professional at the same time.

Munnerlyn wants more snaps too... only so many to go around. I'd much rather have this problem than not.

Our CB depth is WAY better than last year, and although 2015 Norman was better than anyone in our secondary individually, I think our 2017 collective group is better overall.

Scheme can help, but you don't have a top rated unit in the NFL without good players.

Truthfully Worley is arguably the weakest link among some really good players. That's not to say he's bad per se, but if he was that good he would not be used in a rotation.

Worley is one of the most picked in corners I’ve seen in a panthers unit in a long time. He should keep his mouth shut and try to get better.

Let’s also ignore how he pretty much shut down DeSean Jackson against the Bucs and held him up well.

But, you know, #worleysux.

Bet half couldn’t even name if we’re in man or zone and why we played said coverage on certain plays that you claim Worley got beat. But by golly if a receiver catches a ball a few yards in front of the corner it must always be on him.

Lmao.

1 hour ago, beastson said:

Would have went undrafted straight up if it wasn't for Gettleman.

Pure b.s..  you sound like a politician 

2 hours ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

“I mean, if you give a 20 yard cushion on every play, that doesn’t define who you are.”

as a cornerback, yes the fug it does.

Edited for truth

40 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

That's the thing. It's not revisionist history. Norman took over games in preseason at least. When has Worley taken over any type of game? Worley has always been getting abused. 

Josh showed flashes in preseason against 2nd/3rd stringers. Preseason means nothing. People here acting like everyone wasn't shitting on Josh up until he showed he can play. Worley is still in his 2nd year and only 22. Huddle is far too quick to give up on a player who is struggling.

I’d cut him right now tbh. I hate giving up on a young player but this type of talk to the media is cancerous.  You want a spot Daryl, play better and lock it down. Simple as that. 

14 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I’d cut him right now tbh. I hate giving up on a young player but this type of talk to the media is cancerous.  You want a spot Daryl, play better and lock it down. Simple as that. 

I bet TD and Luke have a chat with the young lad.

43 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Let’s also ignore how he pretty much shut down DeSean Jackson against the Bucs and held him up well.

But, you know, #worleysux.

Bet half couldn’t even name if we’re in man or zone and why we played said coverage on certain plays that you claim Worley got beat. But by golly if a receiver catches a ball a few yards in front of the corner it must always be on him.

Lmao.

Eh wouldnt say that was Worley he was getting beat pretty bad by 6-8 yards easily. Luckily the front 7 was getting enough pressure up into Winston.

By the time the 2nd half rolled around everyone in our section kept talking how they needed a safety to roll over and help him before the snap (it was that bad)  And then what do you know his man blew by him 8 out of 10 snaps.  Again luckily the front 7 was in Winstons face.

I had hopes for Worley last year but has looked pedestrian at best this year and a poor mans melvin white while showing no flash of potential. 

He is a CB version of Tre Boston and may not be on this team next season

3 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

Outside of the preseason Norman looked awful before turning it around. This revisionist history needs to stop.

Hope Worley can figure it out because Seymour isn't a long term option at CB either.

Exactly.  Worley has potential.  It is up to himself and the coaches for him to reach it fully.  Hopefully a little time in Riveras dog house will help him as it did JN