• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocker

College Basketball General Discussion

10 hours ago, toldozer said:

Bagley is fuging good! A duke big man with hands,  unheard of recently.

He’s also apparently a rocket scientist. 

Jon Rothstein was on Jim Rome yesterday and said this year he thinks duke will be a power team, and UNC will be a finesse/perimeter team and he noted the teams are usually opposite. 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

He’s also apparently a rocket scientist. 

Jon Rothstein was on Jim Rome yesterday and said this year he thinks duke will be a power team, and UNC will be a finesse/perimeter team and he noted the teams are usually opposite. 

I don't think k coaches the one and done teams nearly as well as cal. However this team looks much better than the oakafor,winslow,jones,allen.  Freshmen team that won the championship.  I know it was only one game but they look scary good. 

I think Duke can play both ways,  that's what will make them extremely tough.  Allen and Trent were nailing them from out side.  I'm anticipating a stomping of msu.

On 11/11/2017 at 8:32 PM, toldozer said:

Bagley is fuging good! A duke big man with hands,  unheard of recently.

Duke starts 5 NBA first rounders but its Bagley that is the difference for them.  He is incredibly talented for an 18 yr old.  He will dominate in college this year and a sure top 3 pick in the draft.  Really unstoppable inside at this level.   Trent Jr is damn good too.  Course starting 5 first rounders is good and bad.  If they dont win it they are starting over with frosh, see Kentucky.

Really like Carolina this year as well.  Deep as hell with shooters galore.  If the bigs play well UNC will be really good.

There needs to be a rule change and it needs to start with the nba being super honest with these kids. Let them go to the combine out of high school without penalty. If they are going to be a top ten pick they're allowed to stay in the draft. If not they can decide if they want to go overseas or to college.  If you're in school you're there for 3 years,  same as football. 

Bagley is a stud, its clear he is NBA ready which is insane considering he should still be in high school. 

Tarheels looking great so far.  Luke Maye is flat out amazing.  We get Cam Johnson soon, damn this team is so deep.  

Duke not so much, getting handled by Texas so far.  Will say Bagley is making it look real easy.  He'll go number 1 IMO.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Tarheels looking great so far.  Luke Maye is flat out amazing.  We get Cam Johnson soon, damn this team is so deep.  

Duke not so much, getting handled by Texas so far.  Will say Bagley is making it look real easy.  He'll go number 1 IMO.

And another team bites the dust.. Oh and this team is getting tested and still winning.. That's a bad thing for the rest of college basketball.

I like the way UNC is playing so far this year. While the schedule isn't as tough as it has been in years past, I do appreciate the fact that Roy schedules mid-majors that are projected to win their conference. I'd be pretty upset if he scheduled three schools from the Big South that have no shot at making the tournament.

Maye, Berry, Pinson, and Williams have been very consistent which is what we need night in and night out. Couple that with at least one additional player stepping up every game:

vs. Northern Iowa- Garrison Brooks (14 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists)

vs. Bucknell- Sterling Manley (16 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks) & Garrison Brooks (10 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block)

vs. Stanford- Brandon Huffman (8 points, 5 rebounds)

vs. Portland- Andrew Platek- (12 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist)

vs. Arkansas- None

In nearly every game, the Heels have at least 5 players going. It's tough to beat a team that is incredibly deep.

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I like the way UNC is playing so far this year. While the schedule isn't as tough as it has been in years past, I do appreciate the fact that Roy schedules mid-majors that are projected to win their conference. I'd be pretty upset if he scheduled three schools from the Big South that have no shot at making the tournament.

Maye, Berry, Pinson, and Williams have been very consistent which is what we need night in and night out. Couple that with at least one additional player stepping up every game:

vs. Northern Iowa- Garrison Brooks (14 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists)

vs. Bucknell- Sterling Manley (16 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks) & Garrison Brooks (10 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block)

vs. Stanford- Brandon Huffman (8 points, 5 rebounds)

vs. Portland- Andrew Platek- (12 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist)

vs. Arkansas- None

In nearly every game, the Heels have at least 5 players going. It's tough to beat a team that is incredibly deep.

Yeah and Cam Johnson hasnt even played yet.  Team is crazy deep.

Well all you can say is UNC will learn from the woodshed beating Mich St put on them.  UNC 12-25 on layups.  Out rebounded by a lot and 1-18 from the 3pt line.  Heels shot school record low 24.1 percent for the game.  And missed many free throws too.  Doesnt get much worse than that.  Domination by MSU.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    kfcomber51

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts