Saca312

Devin Funchess Compared To Rest Of NFC South WR1s

32 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Do you not realize that posting random social media posts from a year ago doesn't mean anything at all. Watch the Aints games this year. He hasn't been much of a threat at all. There have been well over a dozen WRs better than him. This year and last year.

Where? Lol. Thomas is top 8 in receptions and yards. He's having the least talked about season ever, for a guy on pace for 1,200 yards. Catches over 70% of the balls thrown his way, again. MT just comes to work every Sunday and grinds it out. He catches the ugly poo. Across the middle. In traffic. Dudes a beast. Saints just aren't throwing the ball as much. 

He's one of 4 guys to have 65+ receiving yards in 4 straight games. 

Oh, and this...

https://twitter.com/QBKlass/status/929988092005564416?s=17

• 28-3 1

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

the YPC value still stands, which is pretty damn good.

The focus really is on the past two games where Funchess shifted to WR1. Granted, small sample size, but still very encouraging.

Agreed, was just saying.

I'm a fan of Michael Thomas. But I'm still a little disappointed by him this season, after his rookie year. TG and Brandon Coleman have done as much if not more, to impact games.

On topic, glad DF is doing well. I would feel better about him as WR1 though if he had shown this kind of production over a season. I will still be happier when Greg returns.

Edited by SeoulPanther

8 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

I'm a fan of Michael Thomas. But I'm still a little disappointed by him this season, after his rookie year. TG and Brandon Coleman have done as much if not more, to impact games.

On topic, glad DF is doing well. I would feel better about him as WR1 though if he had shown this kind of production over a season. I will still be happier when Greg returns.

don't think that's Thomas' fault, it's just a product of a Sean Payton lead team where they pass the ball around to so many people they really don't consider anyone their #1 WR

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, hsfolk said:

don't think that's Thomas' fault, it's just a product of a Sean Payton lead team where they pass the ball around to so many people they really don't consider anyone their #1 WR

I don't mean to criticise him and you're right about NO's style of play. Nonetheless I expect he and the NO team and fans might have hoped for more. I guess what I'm saying is he hasn't clearly stepped into the WR1 role after the departure of Cooks, so as to be considered on the same level as Julio and Mike Evans.

Edited by SeoulPanther

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

After a couple of years of "I'm not impressed by him" and "he's not good" and "he can't catch", the new narrative around here is "he's gotten a lot better". And that is true, he's a better player because time = experience = improvement.....given that the player in question is a good player. Give Jimmy Clausen 3 years and he's still Jimmy Clausen. Or Dwayne Jarrett. Or whoever.

Funchess has always been good for us. He has always had the ability and now that he's in a position to show out, he is.

People act like if a guy's not all pro level from the first snap of his rookie year, he's a bust.

4 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

I don't mean to criticise him and you're right about NO's style of play. Nonetheless I expect he and the NO team and fans might have hoped for more. I guess what I'm saying is he hasn't clearly stepped into the WR1 role after the departure of Cooks, so as to be considered on the same level as Julio and Mike Evans.

i watched the Saints/Bills game and his #s would've been a lot better, but NO stopped throwing the ball in the 2nd half and only threw it like 3 times in the 3rd and 4th qtr

1 minute ago, hsfolk said:

i watched the Saints/Bills game and his #s would've been a lot better, but NO stopped throwing the ball in the 2nd half and only threw it like 3 times in the 3rd and 4th qtr

Fair enough- I haven't seen much of them this season and I'm certainly not faulting him for his efforts. I may be a little bitter cos he hasn't done it for my fantasy team. Still, It's funny that NO's offensive strength this year has been their running game, despite Bree's and their annually effective passing game. If only they had kept AP.

1 minute ago, SeoulPanther said:

Fair enough- I haven't seen much of them this season and I'm certainly not faulting him for his efforts. I may be a little bitter cos he hasn't done it for my fantasy team. Still, It's funny that NO's offensive strength this year has been their running game, despite Bree's and their annually effective passing game. If only they had kept AP.

no problem, i overdrafted him too but I don't think NO knew their running game was going to be as dominate as they have been

1 hour ago, hsfolk said:

can't believe what a bust Julio has been for my fantasy team

Julio always has down years. 

2 hours ago, Greatman77 said:

All Devin needs now is a catchy nickname, how about "Honey Funchess of Oats"?

“Funchise” should come to fruition....

• Pie 1

I'm happy with Funchess' development this year. He's become a legit starting caliber WR. That's all I've ever asked of him.

Next year, people will probably start bitching about him like they did KB because he isn't this mythical #1 WR who evidently must be able to consume opponents with fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1