I'm the Mike

If the Panthers switched to a 3-4 Defense...This is what it would look like

Just now, I'm the Mike said:

Great analysis. Would read again.

I could go into depth about why it is a bad idea, and talk about how the players we have are not suited for a 3-4 defense, and how it would be ridiculous to draft a taller player to replace Star or Short just to fit a defensive scheme that the rest of the defense is not suited for. Or how moving TD to an inside backer position in a 3-4 would be a horrible move. Or how Shaq is small for a 4-3 LB, and you want him to play OLB in a 3-4? 

But I thought it would just be easier to say no and get on with my life.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

you cant just switch a 4-3 OLB to a 3-4 OLB or a 3-4 ILB. That's not how this works.

Daeshon Hall is on IR, also is more of a 3-4 DE than OLB. And you take out our best pass rusher in Addison and replace him with a 2nd year DT playing DE?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

I could go into depth about why it is a bad idea, and talk about how the players we have are not suited for a 3-4 defense, and how it would be ridiculous to draft a taller player to replace Star or Short just to fit a defensive scheme that the rest of the defense is not suited for. Or how moving TD to an inside backer position in a 3-4 would be a horrible move. Or how Shaq is small for a 4-3 LB, and you want him to play OLB in a 3-4? 

I lightly touched some of those points in the original post and I agree with you to an extent, but i'm not talking about replacing Star or Short. I'm talking about getting Butler, Peppers, and Addison on the field at the same time.

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

Yeah all this!! Back to the drawing board..

1 minute ago, I'm the Mike said:

I lightly touched some of those points in the original post and I agree with you to an extent, but i'm not talking about replacing Star or Short. I'm talking about getting Butler, Peppers, and Addison on the field at the same time.

To make it actually work we would have to draft some more talent at OLB and usually you want taller NT/Edge guys for their length, but it would be interesting to see if we ever had a Wade Phillips or Dick Labeau type DC. Thoughts?

Did I misread this part?