thebigcat

Is losing Wilks a foregone conclusion?

I suspect that it's likely a foregone conclusion that we'll lose not only Wilks but that he'd take with him Eric Washington to be the defensive coordinator. Wilks can easily land a position with the Giants, Bengals, Browns, Colts, Cardinals, Bears who will all be undoubtedly looking for a head coach. 

If we do lose the Wilks/Washington combo I suspect Rivera would promote Al Holcomb to the D coordinator position.

I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion but it certainly wouldn't shock me. 

And Shula yet again likely won't even get consideration. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I think we will have him for another year as this is his first coordinator position. 

However, I don't know how much he does related to having the "Assistant Head Coach" title. 

4 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

No. It's the players, not the coach.

This guy is a motivator, he will be a head coach. If I was a pasty white billionaire owning an NFL franchise and this man walks into my office and talks to me for ten minutes, I am telling my GM to hire him because this man knows football

3 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Can pretty much guarantee he will get a head coaching job within the next 2 years.

This for sure. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that it happens this year, but we're not hanging onto him for long. 

Yep.  He's built for it.  Unless we magically can Rivera and promote him then he won't be here long.

• Pie 2