beastson

The Panthers Should Have Watched Film On Saints This Week?

1 game at a time.NYJ are next. That said nobody spends more time watching film than Luke. I'm sure he and most of the rest of the team will watch as much film as possible to beat the Saints. I have no doubts about that

Never prepare for an opponent that you're not playing next. Use the extra time to prepare for the Jets and destroy them to build the confidence going to NO.

• Pie 1

i hope they're only focusing on the jets. despite popular opinion, that jets offense can be really tough due to their scheme.

probably one of the best nfl air raid offenses right now that's working really well. reminder their oc is a sean peyton disciple as well, so you could consider this prepping for the saints in a way as well.

• Pie 1

We can watch the Saints and focus on them if we want, but the team needs to focus on the next up.  I just hope they dont change any of their preparation and get a week off.

Edited by jfra78

I think at the nfl level. 1-2 weeks preparation is all that is needed. We’ve played the Saints so many times over the years. Luke and Cam have seen it all before. It’s going to come down to execution of the game plan. We always beat the Saints when we need to beat them. That’s because deep down they are a candyass team that only won the Super Bowl because the NFL gave it to them. We will beat them. Cam will dab and we dab and we will win the NFC south. 

• Pie 1

how often have we come out of the bye week with guns blazing?

aside from the last couple years, we hadn't done very good with rivera after having a week off.

we thrive on momentum and to get/keep that momentum going, we can't allow ourselves to focus on anything other than the game in front of us. that, at the very least, has to be the primary focus.

We've been facing Brees and Payton twice a year for a long time. Focus on the next and less familiar opponent.

Your most dangerous opponent is the one you're facing next. Can't ever afford to look past anyone in the NFL. Hopefully losing to the Bears drove that point home for this team. 

Yep. Focus on the saints and you end up losing both games

They'll get destroyed if they're spending all week looking past their next opponent