Jump to content
Happy Panther

Things that trump says

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Trump says plenty of stupid things on a daily basis, so it is a shame to start off this thread with one of the few things he has got right. 

The three entitled sports stars should have been left in China to face the consequences of their actions like any other average American caught committing a crime overseas.

Entitled? Man, they made a mistake and it’s the presidents job to try and help the citizens of his country. Now, if China would’ve said no and still jailed them, then it is what it is but Trump was doing his job.

Yall just don’t like LaVar, and that’s cool, but LiAngelo and boys thanked Trump. LaVar wasn’t arrested or charged with anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Entitled? Man, they made a mistake and it’s the presidents job to try and help the citizens of his country. Now, if China would’ve said no and still jailed them, then it is what it is but Trump was doing his job.

Yall just don’t like LaVar, and that’s cool, but LiAngelo and boys thanked Trump. LaVar wasn’t arrested or charged with anything.

Yes. And it has never been the presidents job to act as a judge or juror. But Trump has routinely tried to get others to fire or punish private citizens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


what occured for the UCLA players.....has occured under every President over and over and over again.

Yes they should be grateful and they expressed. 

No US President goes out and look for praise because until now we haven't had a troll/child in the WH.   Trump is just using this like he does everything.  Chaos element.  Be unpresidetnial every day.  Push the line.  Then when the serious poo hits the fan.....the line has already been so heavily distorted it too gets viewed different. 

Media still has no clue how to cover Trump.  Media still plays into his objectives.   They still go for outrage ratings instead of legitimately helping help hold him accountable for being unfit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I cant disagree with Trumps sentiments. Should have treated them like any other citizen and let them face the music of the Chinese justice system.

 

16 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Trump says plenty of stupid things on a daily basis, so it is a shame to start off this thread with one of the few things he has got right. 

The three entitled sports stars should have been left in China to face the consequences of their actions like any other average American caught committing a crime overseas.

So, both of you say Trump got this right. So are you saying there should be some level of praise involved whenever we do a good deed? 

Let me find out y’all both are only doing what’s right because you want the recognition lol. Be the type that’s on Facebook announcing to the world you just gave a few dollars to a homeless man, and waiting for those likes.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Entitled? Man, they made a mistake and it’s the presidents job to try and help the citizens of his country. Now, if China would’ve said no and still jailed them, then it is what it is but Trump was doing his job.

Yall just don’t like LaVar, and that’s cool, but LiAngelo and boys thanked Trump. LaVar wasn’t arrested or charged with anything.

"Mistake"?  These three men conspired to enter multiple stores with the intent to steal sunglasses, that is not a "mistake" that is premeditated criminal activity. 

You are also sadly misinformed if you believe it is the president's job to get criminals released from foreign jails.

 In 2010, there were more than 3,500 U.S. citizen arrests overseas, according to the Bureau of Consular Affairs, and State Department officers made more than 9,500 prison visits. 

"Ignorance of the law, does not make you innocent," said attorney Sarah Bahmani of the Bahmani Group. "Americans should be mindful of the fact that they are no longer in the U.S. They should be conscious of their surroundings, be respectful of laws and keep well versed on the State Department's website and advisories." 

While the U.S. government cannot get Americans released from foreign jails, they can insist on immediate access, provide a list of local attorneys, supply information on a country's legal system, offer to contact the individuals family or friends, protest abuse or mistreatment and keep the State Department and other relevant authorities informed.   http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2011/10/10/what-should-know-about-being-detained-abroad.html

And yes these three are entitled. 

They were sent on an all expenses paid trip to China as ambassadors for their university, PAC-12 and our nation. 

Their behavior is reprehensible and criminal. 

They were caught red handed by the Chinese.  Yet US diplomats took the unusual step of intervening on their behalf to get the charges dropped.  As an added bonus these criminals were allowed to stay in their hotel rooms while the conditions of their release were sorted out.

You don't think that was entitled? 

Try and steal some sunglasses in China like these three did and you more than likely won't be seeing the outside of a Chinese prison for ten years or more.  No one outside your immediate family and friends will give a thought to your situation and no US president, Trump or otherwise, will bother to secure your release.

Bottom Line:  These three have every reason to be grateful for our country securing their release.  The comments of the father are the ramblings of an ignorant ingrate and explain a lot about his son's criminal behavior in China.   

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

"Mistake"?  These three men conspired to enter multiple stores with the intent to steal sunglasses, that is not a "mistake" that is premeditated criminal activity. 

You are also sadly misinformed if you believe it is the president's job to get criminals released from foreign jails.

 In 2010, there were more than 3,500 U.S. citizen arrests overseas, according to the Bureau of Consular Affairs, and State Department officers made more than 9,500 prison visits. 

"Ignorance of the law, does not make you innocent," said attorney Sarah Bahmani of the Bahmani Group. "Americans should be mindful of the fact that they are no longer in the U.S. They should be conscious of their surroundings, be respectful of laws and keep well versed on the State Department's website and advisories." 

While the U.S. government cannot get Americans released from foreign jails, they can insist on immediate access, provide a list of local attorneys, supply information on a country's legal system, offer to contact the individuals family or friends, protest abuse or mistreatment and keep the State Department and other relevant authorities informed.   http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2011/10/10/what-should-know-about-being-detained-abroad.html

And yes these three are entitled. 

They were sent on an all expenses paid trip to China as ambassadors for their university, PAC-12 and our nation. 

Their behavior is reprehensible and criminal. 

They were caught red handed by the Chinese.  Yet US diplomats took the unusual step of intervening on their behalf to get the charges dropped.  As an added bonus these criminals were allowed to stay in their hotel rooms while the conditions of their release were sorted out.

You don't think that was entitled? 

Try and steal some sunglasses in China like these three did and you more than likely won't be seeing the outside of a Chinese prison for ten years or more.  No one outside your immediate family and friends will give a thought to your situation and no US president, Trump or otherwise, will bother to secure your release.

Bottom Line:  These three have every reason to be grateful for our country securing their release.  The comments of the father are the ramblings of an ignorant ingrate and explain a lot about his son's criminal behavior in China.   

Again, the boys thanked Trump. If you don’t like LaVar, that’s cool, but LaVar wasn’t arrested. He did nothing wrong. You say Trump did it the right way? What exactly did he do right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NanuqoftheNorth Be careful who you call ingrate. I’ve heard you defend and use far less descriptive words against Trump than you are when describing LaVar Ball. I get you don’t like him, but that man has done nothing wrong and broke no laws; yet he’s an ingrate. 

Youre looking a little funny in the light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




25 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

"Mistake"?  These three men conspired to enter multiple stores with the intent to steal sunglasses, that is not a "mistake" that is premeditated criminal activity. 

You are also sadly misinformed if you believe it is the president's job to get criminals released from foreign jails.

 In 2010, there were more than 3,500 U.S. citizen arrests overseas, according to the Bureau of Consular Affairs, and State Department officers made more than 9,500 prison visits. 

"Ignorance of the law, does not make you innocent," said attorney Sarah Bahmani of the Bahmani Group. "Americans should be mindful of the fact that they are no longer in the U.S. They should be conscious of their surroundings, be respectful of laws and keep well versed on the State Department's website and advisories." 

While the U.S. government cannot get Americans released from foreign jails, they can insist on immediate access, provide a list of local attorneys, supply information on a country's legal system, offer to contact the individuals family or friends, protest abuse or mistreatment and keep the State Department and other relevant authorities informed.   http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2011/10/10/what-should-know-about-being-detained-abroad.html

And yes these three are entitled. 

They were sent on an all expenses paid trip to China as ambassadors for their university, PAC-12 and our nation. 

Their behavior is reprehensible and criminal. 

They were caught red handed by the Chinese.  Yet US diplomats took the unusual step of intervening on their behalf to get the charges dropped.  As an added bonus these criminals were allowed to stay in their hotel rooms while the conditions of their release were sorted out.

You don't think that was entitled? 

Try and steal some sunglasses in China like these three did and you more than likely won't be seeing the outside of a Chinese prison for ten years or more.  No one outside your immediate family and friends will give a thought to your situation and no US president, Trump or otherwise, will bother to secure your release.

Bottom Line:  These three have every reason to be grateful for our country securing their release.  The comments of the father are the ramblings of an ignorant ingrate and explain a lot about his son's criminal behavior in China.   

Chinese prisons are notorious for abuse of prisoners and lack of access to the legal system and lawyers.

The state department should be doing more to intervene when Americans are caught in the Chinese system.

 

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/19/mark-swidan-american-jailed-china-488457.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2014/05/29/314597050/u-s-teacher-i-did-seven-months-of-forced-labor-in-a-chinese-jail

 

 

Edited by Fryfan
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Again, the boys thanked Trump. If you don’t like LaVar, that’s cool, but LaVar wasn’t arrested. He did nothing wrong. You say Trump did it the right way? What exactly did he do right? 

The only reason the three petty thieves were released was due to the high profile nature of the UCLA basketball team visit.  They were literally an international embarrassment to our nation.

Trump and our State Department were self serving in their efforts to secure the freedom of these three criminals.

In the short time I've been aware of the father's existence, he has proven himself to be as foolish and ignorant as our president.

Our society would be well served to ignore both these men, since one is president, the best we can hope for is the press will stop covering Mr. Bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The only reason the three petty thieves were released was due to the high profile nature of the UCLA basketball team visit.  They were literally an international embarrassment to our nation.

Trump and our State Department were self serving in their efforts to secure the freedom of these three criminals.

In the short time I've been aware of the father's existence, he has proven himself to be as foolish and ignorant as our president.

Our society would be well served to ignore both these men, since one is president, the best we can hope for is the press will stop covering Mr. Bell.

pretty much what Steve Kerr said. 

NBA actually has handful of coaches that aren't afraid to call it like it is. 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

@NanuqoftheNorth Be careful who you call ingrate. I’ve heard you defend and use far less descriptive words against Trump than you are when describing LaVar Ball. I get you don’t like him, but that man has done nothing wrong and broke no laws; yet he’s an ingrate. 

Youre looking a little funny in the light

Bell's son was facing a decade or more in jail, you would think this father would have shown copious amounts of gratitude for his son's release. 

Short of that, at least he should keep his mouth shut like presumably the other parents involved have chosen to do. 

Instead, the father has made a bad situation even worse by attempting to minimize the seriousness of his son's criminal behavior.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,110
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    pantherfan1971
    Joined
  • Topics

×