• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Happy Panther

Things that trump says

14 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

I am of the opinion that if you break the law in a foreign country (knowingly or not) you should serve the time, with the caveat that the offense you committed abroad would also be illegal in the US. 

It is incumbent upon those traveling to another nation to be aware of local laws and customs.  To do otherwise is foolish and dangerous.

There is no excuse for ignorance, especially these days when it takes all of a few seconds to access all the information a traveler abroad will need.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/go/checklist.html

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

3 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

The only item I can find that we know they stole was at least one pair of LV Sunglasses, which by a quick browse of their website range from $400-$2000. Then you have the other 2 stores where they supposedly stole merchandise so it's very likely they were spared at least 3 years in a Chinese jail.

But semantics aside, my point here is that the President is under no obligation to help petty thieves in foreign countries and that ultimate responsibility lies with LiAngelo Ball and his two teammates. While it's unprofessional (not exactly a surprise for Trump) to say he should have left them in a Chinese jail, the point remains that these players are exceedingly fortunate to be back in the US.

I think Trump only got them released for an opportunity to stroke his own ego and divert attention from the mess occurring domestically.

I am of the opinion that if you break the law in a foreign country (knowingly or not) you should serve the time, with the caveat that the offense you committed abroad would also be illegal in the US. 

I agree with most of this. 

The frustrating thing about this is how Ball and Trump are cut from the same loudmouth idiot cloth, but only one is an elected official. This country is full of idiots (at least 62 million), but this is the politics forum. I don't care about what some "celeb" said on TV or twitter or wherever else. 

• Poo 1

53 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

You had to quote my post twice ?  Could you not fit your response into one cogent response ?

Nope. 

Didn’t expect to be called out, huh? It doesn’t matter if I quote you 28 times to be honest. Why don’t you answer the question 

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

I don't tweet, snapchat, do facebook, or any of that cool modern instant narcissistic look at me and my life nonsense.  I also do not announce what I give to charity for the accolades from turds on internet message boards .  Now get the f uck off my lawn punk.

A post full of feelings. None of this answers my question. Did Trump handle this the right way?

Also, keep those feelings in check when addressing me. Two posts directed at me, and two posts that clearly show your not able to back up what you’ve posted

14 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

A post full of feelings. None of this answers my question. Did Trump handle this the right way?

Also, keep those feelings in check when addressing me. Two posts directed at me, and two posts that clearly show your not able to back up what you’ve posted

yes he got them out... that was right thing to do... no problem with how either reacted ... 

notice how other shitheads across the globe echo Trumps attacks on our media. 

Bottom line is....Trump despite his NFL bullshit is probably the most unAmerican POTUS we have ever imagined.  Such sad irony as Trump gets his base all excited about how NFL players disrespect the country....as Trump proudly shits all over what countless Americans have died to defend.  

US news and information is now controlled by 5 media giants. 

That's down from over 50 corporations in the mid 1980's, thanks to deregulation of the industry by Presidents Clinton and Reagan.  Both of whom were stooges for corporate America.

In the final analysis, all these media giants support their own, the establishment/big business/crony capitalism, over the best interests of the American public.

The US media seriously lacks diversity of opinion.

A homogenized media is why we end up with terrible candidates like Hillary and Donald for president.  True alternative views are rarely covered in US media and when they are, more often than not, it is only to ridicule and degrade them.

Of course, you'll never come to that realization if you rely on these media giants as your sole source of information.  Our main stream media is there to manufacture the public's consent, not to inform or educate us.  

Manufacturing consent means generating public approval for more tax cuts for corporations and the one percent, foreign military adventures like Iraq and creating the illusion that you have a real choice for POTUS.  You don't.

Obama expanded GWB's "War on Terror" and the rich became richer still.  Hillary promised to expand US military adventurism in the ME, Trump promised to end it. 

Guess what?  The "War on Terror" is now going stronger than ever before under Trump's administration.

The American people only have the #IllusionOfChoice.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

Today at a White House event honor Navejo Code talkers our President Donald trump stated:

I just want to thank you because you are very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here,"  "Although, we have a representative in Congress who has been here a long time ... longer than you -- they call her Pochahontas! But you know what, I like you. You are special people." - Donald J. Trump
Edited by Fryfan

just another example of how distorted Trump has already made the country.  What would be a national scandal for a former US President.....is just a Monday for Trump.  Somehow, there is a segment of American that seems to really enjoy the sadness of it all.   

On 11/20/2017 at 8:13 AM, Happy Panther said:

Presidents have always had a duty to negotiate the release of overseas prisoners. Trump has already done that successfully this year many times. He simply did his job. He has a duty to the American public and to actually not help get these kids out of jail would be a dereliction of that duty. But his comments have nothing to do with his role as a public servant and his responsibility to the American people.. It has everything to do with him being  a narcissist who thinks the world should kiss his ass. He is suggesting that if you don't bow to him he would happily shirk his job to screw you over.

That is scary and disgusting at the same time.

It really isn't the job of the president to help these kids.  Trump did it for the publicity, nothing else.

I suppose you could say that by Trump, you mean the executive branch.  And the embassy will help, to the extent the law allows.  They will try to ensure that they can visit you, and perhaps provide legal assistance.  But that is about it.  For the most part, a person  who travels into another country is on his own, unless he or she is famous and trump can gain some publicity out of it.  

• Pie 1