g5jamz

#MeToo women that refuse to speak out

In this new day and age of holding sexual predator's feet to the fire, it's troubling that so many women are on the bandwagon but openly refuse to name names.

Case in point...

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/361128-on-capitol-hill-few-name-names-on-sexual-harassment?rnd=1511153211

Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-Calif.), the vice chairwoman of the House Democratic Caucus, told The Associated Press that a male colleague, who is no longer in Congress, repeatedly ogled her and touched her inappropriately on the House floor. She added that another current male lawmaker, who she has since learned to avoid, tried to proposition her.

She did not name either men, telling The Associated Press that “I just don’t think it would be helpful” to name the harasser who still serves in Congress.

Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.) told the House Administration Committee of a young female staffer who quit her job because a male lawmaker exposed himself to her. Comstock said she heard the story secondhand and did not know the lawmaker’s identity, only that he is still in Congress.

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) also said that she had been sexually harassed as a Capitol Hill intern in 1974, but declined to say if it was from a staffer or lawmaker.

“I'm not going to comment as to details of it, but suffice it to say that it happened more than once from more than one person,” McCaskill said, according to the Washington Examiner.

WTH?  Not be helpful?  These people need to be called out and named.  Otherwise, like Hillary, these women are enabling these sexual predators.  

I disagree. I have no desire to name names in regards to the men in the past who have harassed me at work and made very inappropriate commemts etc. I actually don't love all the calling out that's happening. 

Now the guys who grabbed my body parts and imo broke the law I'd call them out if i knew their names. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Cat said:

I disagree. I have no desire to name names in regards to the men in the past who have harassed me at work and made very inappropriate commemts etc. I actually don't love all the calling out that's happening. 

Now the guys who grabbed my body parts and imo broke the law I'd call them out if i knew their names. 

?  Exposing themselves, propositioned?  Which I am to assume it was a pay to play proposition.  

Now Charlie Rose.  

Congress has different rules vs. "normal" workplaces. Makes it a difficult process for women (and men) to file harassment complaints / lawsuits.  Who would want to go through this just to file a complaint? If you didn't file a complaint and choose to name people now, you are setting yourself up lawsuits and scrutiny.  Bottom line is it needs to change.  This article explains it well. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-congress-plays-by-different-rules-on-sexual-harassment-and-misconduct/2017/10/26/2b9a8412-b80c-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html?utm_term=.16cf1b74791e

The law gives victims 180 days after the offending incident to initiate complaints. Victims must agree to go through counseling, which take typically takes 30 days. 

After that, victims who want to continue begin 30 days of mediation, which is handled by a neutral mediator. If the problem is still unresolved, they can pursue an OOC administrative hearing or file a federal lawsuit against their harasser. 

The confidential dispute resolution process can be made public only if the case is ruled in the victim’s favor, after it goes through administrative or judicial proceedings.  

34 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Congress has different rules vs. "normal" workplaces. Makes it a difficult process for women (and men) to file harassment complaints / lawsuits.  Who would want to go through this just to file a complaint? If you didn't file a complaint and choose to name people now, you are setting yourself up lawsuits and scrutiny.  Bottom line is it needs to change.  This article explains it well. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-congress-plays-by-different-rules-on-sexual-harassment-and-misconduct/2017/10/26/2b9a8412-b80c-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html?utm_term=.16cf1b74791e

The law gives victims 180 days after the offending incident to initiate complaints. Victims must agree to go through counseling, which take typically takes 30 days. 

After that, victims who want to continue begin 30 days of mediation, which is handled by a neutral mediator. If the problem is still unresolved, they can pursue an OOC administrative hearing or file a federal lawsuit against their harasser. 

The confidential dispute resolution process can be made public only if the case is ruled in the victim’s favor, after it goes through administrative or judicial proceedings.  

Sounds about right.  Can't have the upstarts living by the same rules as the nobility class

Conyers is trying to weasel his way out of this, but it seems he was flying in his women on congressional (aka taxpayer) dime.  

and THIS is what's disgusting.  One week difference in these two op-eds...same writer and why liberals are complete jokes for the most part.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/opinion/al-franken-sexual-harassment.html?_r=0&mtrref=undefined&assetType=opinion

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/opinion/harassment-allis-franken.html?rref=collection/column/michelle-goldberg

It happened under Bill Clinton...it'll happen now.  

43 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Conyers is trying to weasel his way out of this, but it seems he was flying in his women on congressional (aka taxpayer) dime.  

So much harder to grapple with the issue then to just say hey our guy targeted minors but we need the tax vote so vote for him anyways...huh.

34 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

and THIS is what's disgusting.  One week difference in these two op-eds...same writer and why liberals are complete jokes for the most part.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/opinion/al-franken-sexual-harassment.html?_r=0&mtrref=undefined&assetType=opinion

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/opinion/harassment-allis-franken.html?rref=collection/column/michelle-goldberg

It happened under Bill Clinton...it'll happen now.  

Thought this was a good comment from the latter of those two articles. Most of those articles are indeed, ridiculous. The mixing of the moral and the political is confusing to the author, let alone the reader.

"Right now it seems as if where in a "no woman's land" of immoral equivalence" when it comes to the Washington political elite and sexual harassment. Too many like Alabama Republican Governor, Kay Ivey, are making a political calculation over a moral one. It's OK to have a pedophile in the Senate if he's voting the way I want. This is what is troubling here and in the liberal Democratic community which I also identify with. If Democrats are going to make the same calculation as Republicans, then we all have to stop talking about Bill Clinton, Al Franken, Roy Moore, and Donald Trump. I find this lack of morality or it's imMoore-ality unacceptable, We must draw the line. In my view we need to recognize that just about every other outed sexual offender (see the list of 30 in today's Times) has either been fired or resigned with the singular exception of the elite political class. Why should they who we elect and assume will protect us instead be allowed to protect themselves? If women and men who have been victimized by sexual misconduct see that there is no justice, no "rule of law," no consequences, then what do we have left of our democracy? We must place morality above political party and partisanship and say "No" to any and all sexual misbehavior. We cannot have a "double standard" where politicians are above the law. As much as I join you in admiring Al Franken, your original conclusion was right. He must bear the consequences of his imperfection and resign."