NanuqoftheNorth

Why Are We Helping Saudi Arabia Destroy Yemen?

Sunni political support.  Wahabi has power and pull.  

Ron Paul is completely off base with this one within the first minute of this address. To only talk about this being a result of the Arab Spring is discounting a lot of important history which contributed to this current problem.

Ron Paul is fairly clueless when it comes to international relations.  Saudi Arabia does what it wants to do irt relations with its neighbors.  Our influence with them in this regard is minimal.  We do sell them weapons, but if we didn't, they would just turn around and buy them from Russia.  They have been warring on and off with Yemen for Centuries.  

That being said, given that Iran and Al Qaeda both operate in Yemen, its likely we are operating in some capacity there.  How much assistance we provide to the Saudis is up in the air.  But with or without us, the Saudis would be doing what they are doing.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

Saudi Purges Explained, With Marwa Osman Live From Lebanon

What is behind the sudden purge of dozens of high-ranking Saudi princes and their incarceration at the Riyadh Ritz? Lebanese scholar and geopolitical analyst Marwa Osman joins us to give a close-up perspective as war clouds continue to gather. Follow Marwa on Twitter: @Osman_Marwa1

On 11/21/2017 at 11:56 AM, Davidson Deac II said:

That being said, given that Iran and Al Qaeda both operate in Yemen, its likely we are operating in some capacity there

"likely" operating "in some capacity" lol

also i love your "well if we weren't funding and arming the saudis in their genocidal campaign they would just do it anyway!!!" half-assed defense of direct US support. bring me your copy of the NYT so i can thoroughly wipe my ass with friedman's latest.

btw op the US is the most powerful imperialist force on the planet. the US doesn't "help" countries, it directs countries. we don't do the bidding of saudi arabia, israel, et. al.; they do our bidding. but to borrow for a moment what i think is an inappropriate term, we are "helping" the saudis bc

1) DC is filled with ghouls like john mccain who have a massive erection over the prospect of war with iran. proxy war, in this case, is better than no war.

2) the MIC needs bombs to flow into the ME

3) you need to destroy poo before you can rebuild it in your image and by this i mean this is basic "shock doctrine" stuff

p.s. your video might have touched on these things but there's not a chance im going to watch the good dr ron paul's liberty report

The more concerning question to me is why do so few Americans care?

I mean I know the answer to both questions but it is still sickening

• Pie 1

On 11/25/2017 at 1:56 AM, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

btw op the US is the most powerful imperialist force on the planet. the US doesn't "help" countries, it directs countries. we don't do the bidding of saudi arabia, israel, et. al.; they do our bidding. but to borrow for a moment what i think is an inappropriate term, we are "helping" the saudis bc

oh, you talking about pre-Trump America.  Yeah, that was true. 

Can't make that claim now in the Trump era.  Trump already has done the bidding for Saudi Arabia and Russia.  Ain't no directing from the US going on.