dldove77

A Tip of the Cap to Dickson

He did great filling in for Greg this yr, but that does not excuse his past performances. Maybe he needs more playin yime as a pass catchingTE tho.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

He played well above expectations in the passing game and showed flashes. He sucks at blocking still, but he’s improved as a pass catcher.

That’s all you can ask for.

I actually think he’s been better lately. Like Kalil I think it may have taken him a little longer to adjust to TE1 assignments. There were a few nice holes on replays during the last couple games where he had great blocks.

Probably got better because KB’s gone like the rest of the OL run blocking. Damn KB and his practical jokes like burning the playbooks and disrupting the blocking practice. 

I'll eat crow on this one...I've always been a Dickson hater.  Between "Swole Bones" and <Insert random rookie TE>...Dickson has never impressed me.  He has impressed me this year.  Solid backup and worth whatever money we're paying him.

That being said...I want a 1st/2nd round TE in the 2018 draft!!!!

JK...Salute to you Mr. Dickson

In looking at the schedule down the stretch for every team fighting for the playoffs in the NFC, Dickson's performance against the Lions can't be overlooked.  Having the tiebreaker over them could be huge if we don't win the division and are in the wild card mix.

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, GolfRasta said:

I'll eat crow on this one...I've always been a Dickson hater.  Between "Swole Bones" and <Insert random rookie TE>...Dickson has never impressed me.  He has impressed me this year.  Solid backup and worth whatever money we're paying him.

That being said...I want a 1st/2nd round TE in the 2018 draft!!!!

JK...Salute to you Mr. Dickson

If we draft a TE in the first, I’ll be pissed. The top TEs are 2nd/3rd rounders at best. Like the QB class there were a couple hyped guys and they haven’t peformes this year. I wouldn’t mind using one of our 3rds but TEs aren’t great in this draft. I’d rather resign Dickson for another year or two (out after 1) and take TE with potential. It always takes TEs a couple years. 

The issue with Dickson has always been consistency. He was very well liked in Baltimore, he had a really nice season there, then just disappeared the next. He's been up and down here over the years, but this season he really stepped up to the plate in Greg's absence. I've been hard on him over the years, and i'll gladly eat crow on this. He is living up to his end of the bargain, I hope to see more.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

The issue with Dickson has always been consistency. He was very well liked in Baltimore, he had a really nice season there, then just disappeared the next. He's been up and down here over the years, but this season he really stepped up to the plate in Greg's absence. I've been hard on him over the years, and i'll gladly eat crow on this. He is living up to his end of the bargain, I hope to see more.

I certainly expect greg to be on a snap count for the first few weeks. Hopefully he can be even better without having to play nearly every snap.

Coming into the season I bashed him left and right. I will admit I was wrong, and the guy has earned his spot on the team for now.

On 11/21/2017 at 7:36 AM, dldove77 said:

So great to have Olsen back this week, barring any setbacks, but Dickson filled in quite admirably in his absence and deserves some praise. One of the better backups on the team, in my opinion.

I read the title entirely too fast I clicked on this thread immediately for the wrong reason