• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

Coaching Carousel

Its that time a year again when teams are in the hunt  for their new HC

Rumors going around that Chip Kely is down to Florida and UCLA

My take is he ends up in UCLA

The SEC prestige isnt what it was 10 years ago especially in the east.  Florida is the only one to win a chamionship in a long time and theirs was 10 years ago.  The coach from that team has already won 1 at his new school.  Everyone else has been pretty irrelevant in the national title hunt since before these HS recruits were born.

Kelly has no connections to florida or that part of the country when it comes to recruiting, so eben though he is Kelly and it is UF it would be a Lot of work recruiting while that fan base has little patience breathing down your neck.

UCLA is trying to invest on building the program up.  Is located right in LA and a fan base that has a Lot more patience.  When he built up Orgeon he recruitied heavily in the SoCal area.  So he still has the connections in that area and those HS programs/coaches, where he can come in and get whoever he wants.  No brainer he ends up there 

What that leaves for Florida.  UCF's coach is a rising name and a Kelly product.  But a name im watching for to end up there is Charlie Strong.  Strong started his career as a GA at UF.  He also was a position coach under there under Spurrier until taking a DC job elsewhere.  He returned to UF as a DC under Zook.  He was named Interm HC in the bowl game between Zook and Meyer.  He was the only memember of Zooks staff that was reatained by Meyer.  He remained DC under Meyer until he took the HC job in Lousiville, where he blew up and a Lot had to do with the big recruits from Florida he brought in (see Teddy Bridgewater etc).  he then went to fill big shoes in texas in a unfamiliar area (see Kelly and Florida) .  Struggling in Texas and getting outrecruited in his own state he struggled and was fired within 3 season, upon returning back to Florida at USF and having a heckuva year.

Tennesse has a opening to which shouod be interesting because I just dont see a big name heading there.

Along with several other SEC school including Texas A&M which should be opening up soon

On 11/22/2017 at 2:47 PM, ncfan said:

Tennesse has a opening to which shouod be interesting because I just dont see a big name heading there.

TN has a new AD which has everything riding on this hire.  I expect them to throw big money at a coach they really want.  Settling has not worked out for them the last few years and the Vol natives are restless.

On 11/25/2017 at 11:07 AM, ladypanther said:

TN has a new AD which has everything riding on this hire.  I expect them to throw big money at a coach they really want.  Settling has not worked out for them the last few years and the Vol natives are restless.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/935185500851150849

I still standby that Tenn is going to get a big splash hire

That new AD already looking like could be getting pressured out.  This search is going to be the most entertaining one in a long time.

Tenn just needs to get Cuttliff And a good young guy to groom underneath him for a couple years

As an obvious Tennessee fan, I cannot understand the national media's bashing of our fans. Yes, some of the stuff yesterday got a little carried away, but I truly felt sick to my stomach when the news broke that he was going to be the hire. I'm so glad a stand was made. 

Now, the only bad part of that whole thing is that we will likely have to go with a "Tennessee-guy" now. That means Cutcliffe or even someone like Tee Martin. I don't see even a guy like Jeff Brohm taking the gig now. 

33 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

As an obvious Tennessee fan, I cannot understand the national media's bashing of our fans. Yes, some of the stuff yesterday got a little carried away, but I truly felt sick to my stomach when the news broke that he was going to be the hire. I'm so glad a stand was made. 

Now, the only bad part of that whole thing is that we will likely have to go with a "Tennessee-guy" now. That means Cutcliffe or even someone like Tee Martin. I don't see even a guy like Jeff Brohm taking the gig now. 

I think thatd be the best option anyways.

Cutliffe is a damn good coach his only problem is he's old.  He knows hes not going to coach forever so thats when you throw $$ at Tee Martin to be the OC/Coach in waiting (much like Jimbo Fisher was at FSU).  And even though Manning is a Alum and all.  From a outsider looking in, the only shot your going to get him to help out with the program (even if he wont be a QB coach) is having Cuttliffe.  Because their connection

He isnt the "Big Name" that everyone freaking out wants like a Gruden.  But a best overall football wise move would be this.

If Jimbo leaves for A&M this is just going to get harder because one of the big blue bloods (FSU) will be needing a coach.  And will make things harder if your just gunning for that "big splash" guy

22 hours ago, RockyTopVol said:

I dont blame the fans whatsoever.  They want a big name and really deserve it.  ESPN is reporting they talking with Gundy.  Now that would be a big name get IMO.

The 30 for 30 on this Tennessee coaching search will be riveting. Coaching searches have changed forever. Fans have a voice!

Phillip Fulmer will get us steered in the right direction. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Uwontdoit81

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts