Saca312

Could Devin Funchess Be The WR1 This Franchise Has Been Looking For?

no matter how much he improves if we don't draft and or sign another WR to be the real main guy I will be very upset

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, SJTG4 said:

no matter how much he improves if we don't draft and or sign another WR to be the real main guy I will be very upset

Curtis Samuel's already shown a ton so far that he could be a fantastic compliment to Funchess.

This upcoming draft class won't have any WR1s. Decent WR2s around, but there's no clear star player at all.

• Pie 2

Another fun fact: Devin Funchess has been our most clutch receiver over the course of his career, converting 80+% of third downs when thrown to.

Good article and I agree.  Funchess might just be what we’ve been looking for.  This situation may end up playing out like when we traded Smitty.

Is Devin Funchess better than Steve Smith?

Is Devin Funchess the next TO?

Is Devin Funchess the greatest of all time?

Is Devin Funchess the last Jedi?

• Pie 4

I don't understand this fanbase's obsession with this mythical "#1 WR". 

I don't care if we have a guy getting 1400+ yards a year. Given Cam's tendency to lock in on guys and force the ball, it might actually be a good thing to not have an elite guy, odd as that might seem. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 3

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't understand this fanbase's obsession with this mythical "#1 WR". 

I don't care if we have a guy getting 1400+ yards a year. Given Cam's tendency to lock in on guys and force the ball, it might actually be a good thing to not have an elite guy, odd as that might seem. 

Goes to my point that Fantasy Football ruins the fan base and has people worshipping their stats and group instead of being football fans.

people would rather their teams lose and their fantasy teams win.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Curtis Samuel's already shown a ton so far that he could be a fantastic compliment to Funchess.

This upcoming draft class won't have any WR1s. Decent WR2s around, but there's no clear star player at all.

He has shown a good bit of potential he's shown he also needs more work I believe he can be a key contributor next year. The one thing we don't know is how a player will turn out or develop no one thought AB was a clear number one during the draft process we just have to do good evaluations and find that talent it's there. A good speed playmaking wr opposite like Deebo Samuel or the kid outta A&M or a world of other talents. Maybe just maybe we trade a 2-3 for MB long shot but great option to explore.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

wrong , christian kirk is a # 1 and he can stretch the field like no other in college