Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Time for some consistency.

23 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I could be wrong. But I think the first criteria is head to head among the three. If you have lost to either of the other teams. You are out. Again, I could be wrong, cuz, that track record...but then again. I could be right.

Here are the procedures for breaking a 3-way tie:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Philadelphia owns the head to head win.  Minnesota and Philly do not play in regular season.  Panthers would lose out in virtually any tie breaking scenario with the teams currently in the playoff picture.

29 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I agree. We need to show that we can compete with the big boys. We've had the luxury this season of a cupcake schedule against some bad defenses that helped get us by with Shula's playcalling. If we had the same schedule as last year or the year before, we could easily have a losing record right now. Shula still is and will continue to hold back the full potential of this offense.

We had one really  bad loss and two to the best teams in the NFL. 

Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula 

Let's win the division and put all doubt to rest.  That Washington fug up last week cost us more than the Skins. It would be nice to be tied for the division right now with destiny in our own hands as far the division is concerned...we beat the Saints in the next match and do work against everyone else...would have been a lot easier.  Now we have to beat them and hope they slip up going forward.

34 minutes ago, shulasmyhero said:

Here are the procedures for breaking a 3-way tie:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Philadelphia owns the head to head win.  Minnesota and Philly do not play in regular season.  Panthers would lose out in virtually any tie breaking scenario with the teams currently in the playoff picture.

So...I was right. After 25 years of marriage. That's all I care about. 

Also, there are 6 games left. Anything can still, and will, happen. Not quite ready to write off all chances of getting where we want to go. At least not yet anywho.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Would like to add. That it also looks as though we are headed to the Playoffs for the 5th time in the last 6 years. Pretty consistent from where I am sitting.

It would be 4 in 5 years..

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

7-3 going into December where the Panthers usually get rolling...I'll take all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

I have to admit December has always been our best month.  

I want us to dominate the Jets game.  It would put us a 4-0 against the AFCE and I can be no one predicted that.   I will say if we hit 30 points our offense will be legit and ready to roll into January and hopefully February.

If they lose three more games it would take good fortune to make playoffs. We are in direct competition for playoffs spots with several teams left on the schedule. This Jets game is the most losable game left on our schedule in a way.

21 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

It would be 4 in 5 years..

You say tomato. I say tomato. 

I was close. And dang, didn't it sound good when you first read it?

Just make the playoffs first. Anything can happen once you get in. Of course all of us want some kind of home field advantage in the playoffs, but the NFC is so tight now that it isn't even a guarantee that we make the playoffs should we drop two more NFC games. That Vikings game and two away division games against Saints and Falcons will be HUGE! At least go 2-1 and you are sitting pretty good. Go 1-2 and it's looking shaky. Lose all 3 and it's looking really bad. We also cannot afford to have one of "those games" against the Jets and Bucs either.

we win the next 3 games and i feel good about us against anyone in the playoffs.

if we go 2-3, i'll be cautiously optimistic. 

we only win one and i'm going to continue to be pretty meh through the rest of the season.

we've got the potential to be world beaters, but...yeah...the consistency just isn't there.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PanthersFan81A

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts