• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

Time person of the year - 10 finalist

So we know Trump is obsessed with Time.  Well they just realized their short list of folks for the year.   One thing Trump doesn't seem to get....being selected Time person of the year isn't a celebration of someone being awesome.  In fact the Time person of the year can also reflect the exact opposite. 

1. Jeff Bezos

2. The Dreamers

3. Patty Jenkins

4. King Jong Un

5. Colin Kaepernick

6. #metoo movement

7. Robert Mueller

8. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman

9. Trump

10. Xi Jinping

I legitimately am surprised Putin didn't make the list. 

Really in terms of their effect on the US, no one comes close to Trump this year. Worldwide its pretty open but Trump still has to be in the mix.

Person of the Year is not a popularity contest.

3B27FAC400000578-4011358-image-m-19_1481152293580.jpg

controversy11n-4-web.jpg

0049_3.jpg

3 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Really in terms of their effect on the US, no one comes close to Trump this year. Worldwide its pretty open but Trump still has to be in the mix.

Person of the Year is not a popularity contest.

well that is why I said I am surprised Putin didn't make the cut. 

I mean he has had his hands in so much globally.  From BreExit, the US election, other elections abroad, chaos in general....he might of had the most impact of anyone. 

The first Weinstein accusers would have received my vote.  I know it falls under the metoo movement but I would have gone with specifically those women as they are the ones that got this started.

Mohammed bin Salman would be an interesting choice as well.

Would also add that as much as I am a fan of Kaepernick and the Dreamers, choosing them would feel a little too US-centric for me.

Honestly good or bad Xi Jinping or the Crown Prince have my nod. Kim Jong should be it though just to troll Trump. 

Yes, in case any of you don’t follow international news because Trump. What Xi Jinping has done this year is fugging scary. 

Kaep does not deserve to be anywhere close to that list. Edit: so people don’t get the wrong idea. Kaep is a shitty football quarterback who as soon as his career soured on him turned to divisive tactics and showmanship to try and save his career. Which in my opinion underhandly distracted from the real issue of people vs. the police. I personally have never liked kaep since he was a outright dick in that playoff game so I’m biased but. 

Besoz is just a rich fug. 

Trump should be banned from the list for his maralogo poo.

The rest can fill out the list.

5 hours ago, Goondal said:

The first Weinstein accusers would have received my vote.  I know it falls under the metoo movement but I would have gone with specifically those women as they are the ones that got this started.

Mohammed bin Salman would be an interesting choice as well.

Would also add that as much as I am a fan of Kaepernick and the Dreamers, choosing them would feel a little too US-centric for me.

Actually, there were a sh!t ton of women accusing Trump long before Harvey.

5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Actually, there were a sh!t ton of women accusing Trump long before Harvey.

Yes there were, Harvey was not the first to be accused, but his situation seems to have been what got this snowball rolling downhill.

Idk how it's not Trump. He is talked about all the time everywhere.  When I go overseas they talk about him. When they find out I'm American they always ask me about Trump. None of it's ever positive but he is the topic. 

Trump 

Mueller 

Putin

Pretty torn on this - it affects 50 percent of the worlds population though so it's pretty big. But without Trump and the crap he brings to the table this movement would not have been as big.

37 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Pretty torn on this - it affects 50 percent of the worlds population though so it's pretty big. But without Trump and the crap he brings to the table this movement would not have been as big.

It’s really only American centric. Trolling trump for sure. 

I would have voted for Xi Jingping. He has quietly built a scary empire this year in China and made social, military, political and economic advancements on par with none. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    sarisatva

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts