• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

ACAB is the only rhyme scheme

Just now, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

i see this thread is overlapping with the culture thread again

i mean it's inevitable really

thought about posting it there too lol

insane to see these morons who believe in some deep state conspiracy wanting to wait for the results of the police's "internal investigation" before passing judgement. but they're fine with assuming this 11 y/o was tossing bricks like uncle ruckus.

On 1/20/2018 at 11:11 PM, CarolinaCoolin said:

yeah i'm curious to see where this one goes. i saw the video of the grandmother and it was pretty difficult to watch. they say they don't have clear video and they already seem to be discrediting witness accounts because witnesses couldn't have seen both the beginning and end of it or something?

The city’s police-officers union is cracking down on the number of “get out of jail free” courtesy cards distributed to cops to give to family and friends.

Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association boss Pat Lynch slashed the maximum number of cards that could be issued to current cops from 30 to 20, and to retirees from 20 to 10, sources told The Post.

The cards are often used to wiggle out of minor trouble such as speeding tickets, the theory being that presenting one suggests you know someone in the NYPD.

The rank and file is livid.

“They are treating active members like s–t, and retired members even worse than s–t,” griped an NYPD cop who retired on disability. “All the cops I spoke to were . . . very disappointed they couldn’t hand them out as Christmas gifts.”

https://nypost.com/2018/01/21/police-union-slashes-number-of-get-out-of-jail-free-cards-issued/

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

yeah i'm curious to see where this one goes. i saw the video of the grandmother and it was pretty difficult to watch. they say they don't have clear video and they already seem to be discrediting witness accounts because witnesses couldn't have seen both the beginning and end of it or something?

If we’ve learned anything since 2012 there can be video tapes showing exactly what happened and how it was murder and the cops will still walk free.

never in my wildest nightmares would I have thought I’d read an unarmed teenager gets shot by a cop in a US courtroom. That’s insane. In the United States. Smh

• Pie 1

On ‎2017‎/‎12‎/‎07 at 9:59 AM, Cat said:

This makes me want to finish watching The Wire.

Baltimore cops, one of the many reasons I lean towards Adnan Syed not being guilty. 

If you finished Season 4, then you've finished The Wire. The last season was pretty bad.

An irate customer who was upset about the price of an item started trashing a northwest Detroit Marathon gas station last month, prompting manager Sadek Kaid to dial 911.

When the police didn’t respond after several minutes, Kaid said he hit redial and asked why.

“The dispatcher said, ‘It’s because you don’t have the Green Light,’ ” Kaid said. “The customer was in here destroying the store, throwing everything off the shelves. He was here for almost an hour before he left. When the police finally came, they told us the Green Light locations get priority.”

Businesses pay between $4,000 and $6,000 to join Project Green Light, a program that allows police to monitor businesses’ video surveillance feeds in real time. The cost covers installation of high-definition cameras and lighting. There also is a monthly fee of up to $150 for cloud-based video storage.

In exchange, participating companies are given Priority 1 status on police dispatches — but some business owners who don’t participate feel they’re being treated like secondary citizens.

When told some business owners feel they’re being slighted because they already pay taxes and shouldn’t have to pay extra for prompt police response, Duggan said: “I’m not getting that.

“The level of enthusiasm is so high,” he said. “Our resistance comes almost entirely from people who appear to have a relationship with the people up to no good in their parking lots.”

Jesus Hernandez, owner of Abby’s Party Store on Michigan Avenue in southwest Detroit, said his resistance to signing up isn’t that he’s allowing crime to fester around his store — it’s that the price tag is too high.

“It sounds like a great idea, but I just can’t afford it,” said Hernandez, who has owned the store for 20 years. “If the city makes it mandatory, I’ll just have to close at 10. That won’t make a big difference during the week, but on the weekends I’ll lose money.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2018/01/23/detroit-green-light/109524794/