stirs

Needs for next season

Not sure how to prioritize at this point, so just going through the offense and defense.

Offense

Stewart should be gone

Left G might be gone

Left T not playing well 

Center has not playe over 5 mins all season

WR is again a wild card position

Defense

Safety is always an issue

CB's are young, not playing all that well this year, but we will stick with what we've got I am sure

LB's   Big concern, no Klein, TD older, Luke one bump on the head from retirement and Shaq having injury issues.  Backups not all that great

DE  Old, Old, Old

DT money invested and youth, see CB's

Now, Hurney has a plate full

Gonna be a tough off season

Larsen replaces Kalil at C, extend Norwell at G, add talent at WR, OT, and RB.

Replace Adams at safety, find another CB, find TD replacement if Shaq doesn't improve, find a DE.

Find OT, WR, SS and DE pass rusher and we are probably ok.  RB, TE, G and LB are also needs as you stated.  OT is the glaring need.

1a. Safety

1b. CB

As good as our D has looked, our secondary is trash.  WRs getting open, and abouy the best way for us to shut opposing WRs down is hope they drop the ball, aka Julio, Zay Jones etc.

2015 we had a high power offense with a WR group about on par with this group.  One yhing that helped was "thieves ave" creating turnovers and gettung great field position for the offense.

Now they are FAR FAR FAR from it

ONE DB with 2 ints this season

ONE DB with 1 FF

Compare that to 2015

FIVE DBs with ints with a total of 15

FOUR DBs that caused 7 FF

2. WR

Funchess is going to end up being a solid player, Samuel is Raw.  Really not much beyond that.  Have to get Cam some weapons.

3. DE

Addison is good, Pep is Old, CJ will probably be gone.  Need to inject some young talent here

4. Center

5. OT 

Further down.  Kalil hasnt looked great, but there has been a few real good games of his that he's shown flashes.  Williams has been a solid RT.  Moton, who this staff is high on, is still sitting in our back pocket.

Right now in order who I'd like the First 3 rounds

1st round

A. Joshua Jackson- as closests thing to Josh Norman to come out in several years.

B. Ronnie Harrison- Athletic SS. Safety has been The biggest weak point on this team this year.

C. Christian Kirk- athletic WR.  WR core is terrible here now and could come right in and start.

D. Billy Price- will be a reach here but he is a late 1st early 2nd guy.  I dont expect Ryan Kalil to be here much longer.  Price is a mauler Center.

2nd round:

A. Billy Price- if he somehow falls, its a win

B. Deshon Elliot- see above with Harrison

C. Armani Watts

D. Donte Jackson

3rd round

A. Donte Pettis

B. Frank Ragnow

C. Josh Sweat

D.  Troy Fumagalli 

E. Anthony Miller

F. Porter Gustin

G. Michael Gallup

Edited by ncfan

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

Pretty confident that Norwell is gone at this point.

Star probably gone too

I think Norwell stays 

Star on the other hand.  I see Hurney letting him go with us having KK and Butler.  Think Star ends up in Buffalo

Edited by ncfan

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I think Norwell stays 

Star on the other hand.  I see Hurney letting him go with us having KK and Butler.  Think Star ends up in Buffalo

As an UDFA, he makes nothing compared to his peers.  If I were him, I would take the biggest contract out there whether in Carolina or not.  Just don't think we have the money to be the highest bidder.  Norwell has this one big contract in front of him and needs to make the most of it

Just now, stirs said:

As an UDFA, he makes nothing compared to his peers.  If I were him, I would take the biggest contract out there whether in Carolina or not.  Just don't think we have the money to be the highest bidder.  Norwell has this one big contract in front of him and needs to make the most of it

He is going to get paid less than Turner.

Norwell is damn good but doesnt have the probowler label attached to him.  And if it comes down to it, i dont see us Not cutting Kalil.  Cutting Ryan Kalil and opening 7.5 mil to help resign Norwell is my prediction.

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He is going to get paid less than Turner.

Norwell is damn good but doesnt have the probowler label attached to him.  And if it comes down to it, i dont see us Not cutting Kalil.  Cutting Ryan Kalil and opening 7.5 mil to help resign Norwell is my prediction.

I agree that Kalil should be gone. Age has caught up w him and as I mentioned in the OP,  he has played very little this season, waaay too little for the price tag attached to him.

What I did not mention as it is not relevant yet, is that I still think Cam will retire from football after his contract is up.  Could be wrong, but I think he is gonna move on to other things.

Where we are good, we are old.  Can't keep sinking money into guys like Kalil, Stewart, TD, Olsen, etc.  I see trouble soon, especially if the new ownership group wants to go a different direction.  This season could be our best shot at a Super Bowl for the next 6 years or so

• Pie 1