• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookinwithgas

The G.O.P. is Rotting

The people of Alabama, given the choice between a guy who prosecuted and convicted child murderers and a guy who is a sexual predator of children, will select whom?

The GOP supports who?

The so-called President is begging for votes for who?

18 hours ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

What’s rotting is our political system as a whole. The fact that we have two fuged choices of establishment candidates that are so far removed from normal American life and so easily corrupted but money for large corporations and industries is what’s rotting it. The division they capitalize on is what’s rotting. The fact they put social issues and tie that up with other unrelated issues and tell you to pick sides and that if you are on one side than the other side is the enemy. If you are on the other side they are the enemy. Falling into a trap that helps no one and pits people who are more alike than different against eachother while the people with real power benefit and remain untouched.

yall can keep squabbling over Roy Moore and trump or you can focus on fixing the root of the issue. Pay to play politics, corruption, media funded by large corporations. 

The way I see it is y’all can fight against eachother or against a system designed to keep you down. 

In regards to the overall current state of American politics and the widespread corruption, you are on point.

But what's with the ranting about social issues? There is no debating that white supremacy and xenophobia have kicked up several notches with the rise of the Trump presidency. He has actively emboldened individuals with these mindsets. This is becoming commonplace here and across Europe. Instead of burying your head in the sand and doing your best impression of the generic independent shtick, you should be speaking out about this as much as anyone else. Ignoring this isn't going to make it go away.

If we are being totally honest, casually dismissing the relevancy of current polarizing social issues as little more than pointless squabbling or fodder that isn't actually directly affecting real living breathing human beings is about as tone deaf and white privilege as it gets. Easy for someone to say that has little actual skin in the game. Maybe instead of telling us how woke you are politically you could actually take some time to understand from another perspective.

On 12/8/2017 at 10:44 PM, heel31ok said:

no it's not...I told the truth  that's all I need to do...how you treat that is your own affair...

You're stupid as hell

9 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You're stupid as hell

most people who don't know the truth agree with you...

2 hours ago, heel31ok said:

most people who don't know the truth agree with you...

You literally believe evil is goodness.  I scoff at your implication of knowing any sort of truth.

29 minutes ago, Guild said:

You literally believe evil is goodness.  I scoff at your implication of knowing any sort of truth.

30 minutes ago, Guild said:

scoff away....another lib trying to tell me what i believe...lol

33 minutes ago, Guild said:

you literally don't know what literally means...

1 hour ago, heel31ok said:

you literally don't know what literally means...

In this case I was actually using literally in the literal sense instead of the more common metaphorical sense.  You actually believe evil is goodness and never will be able to see why.  Ignorance is bliss except for everyone affected by your cruel twisted beliefs.

1 hour ago, heel31ok said:

scoff away....another lib trying to tell me what i believe...lol

If you don't agree with liberalism I can suggest a few different places to live that would conform more with your social values.  Perhaps Zimbabwe or Somalia would be right up your alley.

30 minutes ago, Guild said:

In this case I was actually using literally in the literal sense instead of the more common metaphorical sense.  You actually believe evil is goodness and never will be able to see why.  Ignorance is bliss except for everyone affected by your cruel twisted beliefs.

of course which is why it is clear you don't know what it means...you are using the blissful application of the word...