Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookinwithgas

The G.O.P. is Rotting

50 minutes ago, Guild said:

America is inherently liberal and founded on the principles of liberalism.  You know I thought J Snow didn't know poo but then I saw the words you managed to formulate into the mockeries of sentences that you've posted and realized the depths were unfathomable.

that may or may not be true but right now I'm good where i am at and find  no need to move to Somalia...you assume that liberalism today is the same as what it was then...

29 minutes ago, Guild said:

Nope you're an evil malicious person and I hope you get your eternal reward when the time comes.

thank you...you still miss the mark on the meaning and proper use of the word...I am sure with your intellectual capacity that is just an oversight on your part...

14 hours ago, Dr. Quest said:

Franken, Conyers, who's rotting again?

Both gone.  What will the pubs do with Roy when he gets elected in a landslide?

What's real issue is that politics have gotten so toxic and partisan that there is a legitimate argument (for some) that Roy Moore and all his baggage is worth a tax cut.  Then I know some will try to argue that all his accusers are shills/made up/etc.  It's getting to a point that I could say "Hey, the sky is blue." and an internet poo storm would start.  ("Where do you get YOUR so called "facts," lib-tard scum!?!?!?")

The fact is we have allowed ourselves to become so hateful to people who have a different opinion from us.  It's really unfortunate.  It goes well beyond "can we all get along."  Most of us have wrapped ourselves in our blankets of confirmation bias based on our internet consumption and beliefs so deeply anything that disrupts our comfortable bliss requires an immediate, overwhelming response.

Our society is rotting.  Instead of coming to some agreements (like the sky is blue) on certain things, everyone has some random opinion and can find random conspiracy junkie to back them up with pages and pages of densely worded essays on the matter.  Even complete with made-up facts that often are taken as real fact.  The fact that basic information is up for debate is the beginning of the end for us.

So what's a senate seat worth?  A then 30 odd some year old man who signed a young ladies yearbook (and all the other accusations), who has major problems with several amendments past the 10th, who has a history of putting his religious beliefs on others and the law, who was removed as a judge, and who's idea of the greater good is very limited in scope?  Is that worth passing tax cuts that balloon the debt over a trillion dollars without really making life better for the lower and middle classes?

Also, will he even work with Republicans in DC?  Or will he "maverick" himself into a hole where he objects to anything that doesn't follow his personal dogmatic beliefs?  That should be a real concern for team red tie, err, rather the team of power over the people.  Isn't this what it's all about anyway?

Who do you think has paid for more abortions? Trump, Moore, Conyers or Franken?

Moore likes em young but apparently in breeding age, and also doesn't like contraception for political purposes. Trump doesn't give a crap about getting women pregnant and has the money to pay for a lot of them. Conyers probably has a lower number of women but liberal New York has a lot of clinics. Franken looks like he strikes out all the time and probably only hits on women smart and old enough to use birth control.  

How about this idea-- Jones stated he will support a limit of 20 weeks ( or pick a number) for abortions. He admits it's not his personal belief but understands he has to represent AL. Or just recuse himself from any votes on that issue. I think he would lock up the seat...and we may have a beginning of a party that has a moderate wing. Or the reverse for the right, my point is at some time in the future the congress will return to regular order and we need the middle to run the damn thing. we need parts of each party to vote together- sometimes against the extreme wings of each party... 

16 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

25443241_2179227855421514_14545166182709

Know why Ryan likes "thoughts and prayers?"  Because they're free...

I remember this place claiming that another republican would never become president, then Trump of all people did. It's going to be an eternal game of tug of war with the losing side gaining momentum and winning the next go round over and over again. No matter how things are going you're going to have some people huffing and puffing and that's enough for a color change.

47 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Know why Ryan likes "thoughts and prayers?"  Because they're free...

In the real world amtrack has always been a wreck waiting to happen...

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    GreenvillePanther

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts