pantherdad

For the sake of argument

Say we lose today, which I hope we don’t...(I’ll at least take a hard fought loss, better than a poo show loss) who needs to lose for us to keep our wild card spot?

We will still be in the WC but will be tied with Atlanta 6/7 regardless of what else happens.

We certainly cold use help from Jacksonville against Seattle to force a three way tie and giving us one other team to fight with.  Also would prefer GB and to a lesser extent Detroit to lose.  If either win then they will be within one game of us.  We have the tiebreaker over Detroit but in GB case they could beat us next week to force a tie and they would have the h2h.

Just now, pantherdad said:

We still have the tie breaker over Atlanta right?

For now.  If they beat us in their place though they will have it on Division record I believe since they have a win over the Saints.

7 minutes ago, Goondal said:

For now.  If they beat us in their place though they will have it on Division record I believe since they have a win over the Saints.

Thanks

If we lose today we are still in the wildcard no matter what else happens. Falcons the only other team with 5 losses and we hold the tiebreaker. Even if the Seahawks lose and it’s a 3-way tie, we’d actually become the 5 seed.

A win today would help a lot. It would essentially give us a 2 game lead with 3 games left. 

Edited by Mage

We need to win and beat a playoff team, or we just limp into a possible 6 seed spot. I think we have a shot to over perform today and start a chase for the ...owl 

40 minutes ago, Snake said:

If we lose today playoffs are very unlikely. 

We could lose to the Vikings and win out and that’s guaranteed playoffs. And not all that unlikely of a scenario. Vikings are the #1 seed right now and very good. The next 3 teams aren’t even close to them. 

But regardless, let’s win today.

• Pie 1