CRA

Alabama elects Moore. Just kidding

think it is safe now that polls have been open for an hour to call this one.  Moore is a US Senator.  Republican Party is officially dead.  With Trump as the leader of the “GOP” and now electing Moore I think it is time for the nation to officially rename the party to the party of Trump.   Because it is now a new nightmare....not the standard horrific party that Republicans and Democrats have each been of late. 

They voted for a known racist to be president, do we think pedophilia is going to stop them too?    Apparently neither of these are deal breakers.........

I hold out hope this doesn't happen though.  

It may come down the women's vote...there is a different metric in play in this cycle and if the bannon/trump machine wants to go after people like Connie Rice-it just might wake up a powerful block of AL voters. I put Jones at +3% and the win.

From what I gathered from the wild swing in polling its all about turn out.

A good chunk of Moore faithful dont care he is a racist that as an adult male was attracted to women whose brains and maturity where still in development. They are going to turn out and vote Moore.

What Jones needs is some of those that feel disgusted by what they heard about Moore but would never vote for a democrat to stay home or write in another name.  PLUS he needs democrats who often arent motivated in AL to get out and vote.

So its uphill for Jones - he needs two things in his favor to pull of a win. 

"Fake news would tell you that we don't care for Jews. And I tell you all this because I've seen it and I just want to set the record straight while they're here," . "One of our attorneys is a Jew. We have very close friends that are Jewish, and rabbis, and we also fellowship with them."  Kayla Moore.

I'd be more surprised if Alabama didn't vote for the crazy, racist pedophile.

Edited by Cat
  • Pie 2

Female Alabama voter from a forum held last night:  

"40 years ago is a different time; 40 years ago if my 14 year old told me she was dating the District Attorney, I would be proud of her!"

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Female Alabama voter from a forum held last night:  

"40 years ago is a different time; 40 years ago if my 14 year old told me she was dating the District Attorney, I would be proud of her!"

that's  a fair point,  but this rational or tribalism is in every state- "my" party only.

I have traveled to Huntsville and other cities with major defense contractors facilities and just feel that there's a new sense of pride in AL. Good schools, good jobs (auto/aerospace) and a growing younger workforce. It's my gut feeling that women voters and moderates may break the cycle.

But to your point- folks may not be ready for whole sale change and will rationalize voting for ...well...anyone.

• Cargos 1

2 minutes ago, AviationMX said:

that's  a fair point,  but this rational or tribalism is in every state- "my" party only.

I have traveled to Huntsville and other cities with major defense contractors facilities and just feel that there's a new sense of pride in AL. Good schools, good jobs (auto/aerospace) and a growing younger workforce. It's my gut feeling that women voters and moderates may break the cycle.

But to your point- folks may not be ready for whole sale change and will rationalize voting for ...well...anyone.

Its a fair point?   WTF.

40 years ago the 14 year old still had the mind and maturity of a 14 year old.   Even if you think it was acceptable back then you should look back today with horror that it was and highly question the person who was the adult in that relationship.

Edited by Fryfan
  • Pie 1

just saying that some people can rationalize beyond reason. Of course its revolting. I've also heard some don't believe the women or Christians need to forgive Christians...

We'll see what the people of AL think soon enough.