Hotsauce

Devin Hester calling is quits

13 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

The horrible kickoff rules ended his usefulness....

Man, am I in the minority? I have no problem with the kickoff rules. Been watching pro football since the mid-80s. What exactly is so horrible about it? Guys can still bring it out if they want. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I don't have exact percentages but almost every kickoff ends up being a touchback now days....it really makes it hard to justify one player on a roster whose specialty is just kickoff returns.... that was Devin Hester.

This is one of the all time greats, odd that it’s just for special teams purposes but he was the main reason the bears were even in any of the games or even won while he was there.

46 minutes ago, dldove77 said:

Man, am I in the minority? I have no problem with the kickoff rules. Been watching pro football since the mid-80s. What exactly is so horrible about it? Guys can still bring it out if they want. 

Yeah youre in the minority. They turned the most exciting play in football into the least exciting. Guys can bring it out but they never do.

Yeah, the new kickoff rules essentially makes the kickoff a great time to go grab a beer. Especially for Panthers fans. We have to hope for a touch back. It's either a touch back or Fozzy brings it out of the endzone to barely make time to the 15.

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, the new kickoff rules essentially makes the kickoff a great time to go grab a beer. Especially for Panthers fans. We have to hope for a touch back. It's either a touch back or Fozzy brings it out of the endzone to barely make time to the 15.

Flag. Block in the back.

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, stratopanther said:

Yeah youre in the minority. They turned the most exciting play in football into the least exciting. Guys can bring it out but they never do.

Fozzy does it when we can least afford to be starting on the 17 yard line 

Edited by Cuttinedge