Saca312

Aaron Rodgers Has Been Medically Cleared To Play. So There Goes That.

52 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I'm actually more worried about Aaron Rodgers than I am for the Panthers, mainly for his career.

As we all know, the last time an elite QB came back from a long-term injury who the media slobbered all over, that QB's career was ended by Thomas Davis with a whimper brought by Luke Kuechly.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Romo Part 2.

Eh, going to my first ever Panthers game this sunday and part of the reason I chose to go to this game was to see Rodgers vs Cam. But with us fighting for our playoff lives this is not really ideal.

Bi-polar Huddle has been moaning about lack of pass rush most of the year...pass rush shows up last week....now Rodgers career is in jeopardy if he plays. Lol. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

Dr David Chao was on SiriusXM Movin’ the Chains show today and said that Rodgers’ collarbone should be 80% healed by now and that the risk is low with the plates inside to add extra support. He did say that there was risk of re-injury if he takes another hit like he did against Minnesota but said the injury would be repairable and not career-threatening. To me it’s a no-brainer that he plays this week. Chao also said that it will take until 2019 for the injury to be 100% healed.

We’ve beaten better teams, if defense can create some stops and the offense takes advantage of a poor defense, we’ll be up before the normal going conservative and allow rodgers to make a game late. Like media heads state it depends on which carolina panthers show up sunday 

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, Camvp said:

We were doubted going into New Orleans 8 days ago and got our asses handed to us.  Of course the media is going to favor one of the two best QBs in the league against a secondary that let Josh McCown and Case Keenum take a poo on them in the 4th quarter

hahaha

Good, our plan should be to get after him and be as physical as possible. Football is nasty business and sending a QB out there with an 80% healed collarbone is like blood in the water. Last QB to face us coming of a broken collarbone didn't fare so well. I'm not advocating injuring him, just putting enough hits on him to make things very uncomfortable. 

Even with Rodgers, there's zero excuse not to win this game. At home against a bad defense knowing that we need to keep winning to make the playoffs. If this team fugs this up and misses the playoffs, Rivera needs to be fired 

• Pie 4

One has to remember that Rodgers' last collarbone injury was on his non-throwing shoulder, so we can't use that as a reliable reference. Still, the boost the Packers gets with him back only makes this game that much harder. If anything, it may be for the best since it's a way to see whether we're ready to accomplish something in the playoffs if we get there.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

One has to remember that Rodgers' last collarbone injury was on his non-throwing shoulder, so we can't use that as a reliable reference. Still, the boost the Packers gets with him back only makes this game that much harder. If anything, it may be for the best since it's a way to see whether we're ready to accomplish something in the playoffs if we get there.

Yep every game is a playoff game from here on out for us. Just to get in. So basically a 7 game playoff run is now.