Jump to content
pantherphan96

Lebron Ahead of Jordan - Scottie Pippen

Recommended Posts

Lebron is never gonna be able to compare with MJ's 6-0, and to the rings only crowd, there is no point in having this argument, but Lebron is the best player of this generation and will finish as the GOAT.

Already 7th in points (MJ 4th), 12th in assists (MJ not top 25), almost 1000 more rebounds (neither in top 25), within 50 blocks of MJ already, 18th in steals (MJ 3rd).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MJ was in college for 3 seasons I believe, retired a year, and also injured for one. That is 5 less years than Lebron. Yet, he is still up there in terms of numbers. MJ is the GOAT, and I watched both play in their primes. While Lebron would be in my top 10, he is not even in my top 5. MJ, Kobe, Magic, Byrd, and Kareem. It is no contest in my opinion. To each their own though.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Michael Jordan is and forever will be the greatest basketball player of all time. He is also the best player of all time. 

LeBron, however, is the most gifted player of all time.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LeBron is to Magic what Kobe is to MJ. People really comparing the two are comparing Tom Brady to Walter Payton. It's apples to oranges.

Jordan was a better defender than LeBron. He also paved the way for the high-flying superstars who followed him. That said, what MJ could do was superhuman well beyond aerial artistry. Literally all but one memorable Bulls moment in the Finals came from Jordan (Paxson's 3 in '93 won it for them).

LeBron is a facilitator. He's the best ever at making his teammates better, a title previously jointly owned by Magic and Bird. LeBron elevated his teammates to a higher level better than MJ, and due to his size could quite possibly beat MJ 1-on-1. But when the chips are down, look at who made some of the most memorable Finals plays when LeBron was there: He did some, but DWade and Kyrie helped him win titles he wouldn't have otherwise won. 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MJ played in the NBA during a time where they were actually tough guy men. Not the soft floppers like Lebron. The game was a lot rough in MJs day. Now everything is a foul

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

MJ played in the NBA during a time where they were actually tough guy men. Not the soft floppers like Lebron. The game was a lot rough in MJs day. Now everything is a foul

poor excuse. Lebron gets treated like Shaq because if they called every foul he draws he'd be even more unstoppable. Offenses in the NBA now are considerably better than in the 90s when running 90% ISO ball with your best player or running the triangle was your whole offense.

  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

LeBron is to Magic what Kobe is to MJ. People really comparing the two are comparing Tom Brady to Walter Payton. It's apples to oranges.

Jordan was a better defender than LeBron. He also paved the way for the high-flying superstars who followed him. That said, what MJ could do was superhuman well beyond aerial artistry. Literally all but one memorable Bulls moment in the Finals came from Jordan (Paxson's 3 in '93 won it for them).

LeBron is a facilitator. He's the best ever at making his teammates better, a title previously jointly owned by Magic and Bird. LeBron elevated his teammates to a higher level better than MJ, and due to his size could quite possibly beat MJ 1-on-1. But when the chips are down, look at who made some of the most memorable Finals plays when LeBron was there: He did some, but DWade and Kyrie helped him win titles he wouldn't have otherwise won. 

Kyrie made a huge 3 in that game but Lebron's chase down block and getting fouled driving to the hoop at the end of game 7 won that Finals.

Quote

In Game 3, which ended up being a five-point loss, James was a plus-seven in 46 minutes. As Vice Sports’s Michael Pina astutely pointed out after the game, that means in the two minutes LeBron sat down, the Cavaliers were a minus-12.

Can't compare MJ having HOF in Rodman and Pippen with Lebron having Kyrie and Love (who was terrible in the Finals) along with a bunch of role players and bums like Deron Williams, Shumpert, and Tristan Thompson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




How are offenses better when they shoot 57 threes a game? I love the outside shot more than the average person, but it doesn't mean offenses are "better." They're actually worse. Watch a game tonight. You'll see guys bring it up the court, hit a guy on the wing, he might dump it down low and if he doesn't, he bricks a three. That'll happen about 25 times tonight. That's not better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

How are offenses better when they shoot 57 threes a game? I love the outside shot more than the average person, but it doesn't mean offenses are "better." They're actually worse. Watch a game tonight. You'll see guys bring it up the court, hit a guy on the wing, he might dump it down low and if he doesn't, he bricks a three. That'll happen about 25 times tonight. That's not better.

Three point shot is a much better shot than a mid-range 2. Teams shoot more threes and more close to the basket shots because they are the most efficient shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since im younger i watched MJ but didnt get to fully enjoy his early wins and wasnt alive for his seasons in the 80's. So when i listened to scottie at first i agree, but then i had to sit back and think. And alot of the points you guys made about mj being better i came with as well. Plus scottie compare lebron to himself more so. And not to make something out of nothing but feels like he is trying to elevate himself in the convo. Maybe not of the best but top nba players and he never got a fair shake since being with mj. I say this after watching few interviews of scottie talking about lebron and mj both together and separately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,111
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth!
    Joined
  • Topics

×