Jump to content
thebigcat

It's time to give a moment and appreciate Ron Rivera

Recommended Posts

Just now, RumHam said:

Again Einstein, that's Shula. Rivera may have made the decision to play to a certain tempo, but Shula is the one that calls three fuging run plays. fug outta here.

Again moron, Rivera is OKing these practices, they've done it for SEVEN years, if Rivera wanted it changed, he could, but he's obviously on board with it.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Car123 said:

I don't think he's ever lost a game when giving up a big lead. We always manage to win.

Same.

When we jump out ahead early I already know it’s a W every time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, mjligon said:

I love these fans

”PLEASE LOSE SO I CAN BE RIGHT!1!1!!1!! Pleaaaaaaaseeeee”

No you just failed at reading comprehension and forgot what you was even talking about.    It's ok, it's Monday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we make the playoffs, which is looking very likely, Ron will have done in 7 seasons what the rest of the coaches in Panthers history took 16 seasons to do combined.  Congrats to coach Rivera!

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zaximus said:

No doubt we're gotten very lucky this year, and, had calls finally go out way for sure.    We're very lucky Byrd's TD got called a TD for instance.    The probably is, Rivera's gameplan in these situations is barely over 50%, that is what I'm saying.

That was clearly a TD. Honestly, I do feel like the D gave up towards the end. Kurt Coleman seemed lost and careless but then again A-aron hiked the ball on that TD before we were completely on the field. Okay, that is on Rivera for not being prepared for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Car123 said:

I don't think he's ever lost a game when giving up a big lead. We always manage to win.

This year we've been lucky, over 7 years though, 26-24-1.    Luck doesn't last forever.     I get it, some of you are OK with the play-style of letting off the gas with a 10 point lead.     I think it's a terrible idea, and something coaches that have been more successful do NOT do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zaximus said:

This year we've been lucky, over 7 years though, 26-24-1.    Luck doesn't last forever.     I get it, some of you are OK with the play-style of letting off the gas with a 10 point lead.     I think it's a terrible idea, and something coaches that have been more successful do NOT do.  

Post some other coaches records during close games please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Just now, RumHam said:

That was clearly a TD. Honestly, I do feel like the D gave up towards the end. Kurt Coleman seemed lost and careless but then again A-aron hiked the ball on that TD before we were completely on the field. Okay, that is on Rivera for not being prepared for that.

I agree it was a TD.   I just don't think most days we get the call, so that was surprising.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zaximus said:

This year we've been lucky, over 7 years though, 26-24-1.    Luck doesn't last forever.     I get it, some of you are OK with the play-style of letting off the gas with a 10 point lead.     I think it's a terrible idea, and something coaches that have been more successful do NOT do.  

Also,

How many games have we lost due to “letting his foot off the gas”

?

bring some facts to your argument other than standing on your desk screaming out a record 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mjligon said:

Also,

How many games have we lost due to “letting his foot off the gas”

?

bring some facts to your argument other than standing on your desk screaming out a record 

24, at least, probably more.

Edited by Zaximus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zaximus you do realize that number doesn’t necessarily mean we held a lead at all? Some of those are due to coming back and falling short.

But yeah beat, go on. Tell me more about all the times we have jumped out to an early lead and lost the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×