• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebigcat

It's time to give a moment and appreciate Ron Rivera

Just now, Zaximus said:

This year we've been lucky, over 7 years though, 26-24-1.    Luck doesn't last forever.     I get it, some of you are OK with the play-style of letting off the gas with a 10 point lead.     I think it's a terrible idea, and something coaches that have been more successful do NOT do.  

None of those 24 loses were from giving up a huge lead. Most of those were nail biters from start to finish.

Just now, Car123 said:

None of those 24 loses were from giving up a huge lead. Most of those were nail biters from start to finish.

Right.

But that doesn’t help Zax spew his negativity !!!

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

@Zaximus you do realize that number doesn’t necessarily mean we held a lead at all? Some of those are due to coming back and falling short.

But yeah beat, go on. Tell me more about all the times we have jumped out to an early lead and lost the game.

I was obviously sarcastic.     You tell me about early leads we kept first then?

6 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I was obviously sarcastic.     You tell me about early leads we kept first then?

I’ll just name a few off the top of my head from this year:

At NE

At Detroit

MIN

GB

okay your turn. @Zaximus

21 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

No one said they don't enjoy it, but that doesn't prevent someone from not being a complete blue glasses homer about Rivera.

yes it does. You are focusing on the wrong thing. The best way to appreciate football is "what have you done for me lately?"

Panthers, what have you done for me lately?  WON SOME MOTHER FUGGING FOOTBALL GAMES BABY~ 

8 minutes ago, mjligon said:

@Zaximus you do realize that number doesn’t necessarily mean we held a lead at all? Some of those are due to coming back and falling short.

But yeah beat, go on. Tell me more about all the times we have jumped out to an early lead and lost the game.

I'll look at this season, not just ones we lost but where we almost lost because we took the foot off and got lucky.

Patriots is the first that comes to mind right?  At least 14 point lead we gave up.

Lions, 17 point lead given up.

Falcons, 10 point lead that turned into 3.

Jefs, 12 point lead.

Vikings, 11 point lead.

Packers, 14 points.

The 49ers and the Dolphins were the only teams we really completely beat.      

Losing to the Bears deserved a firing right there lol.

Just now, Zaximus said:

I'll look at this season, not just ones we lost but where we almost lost because we took the foot off and got lucky.

Patriots is the first that comes to mind right?  At least 14 point lead we gave up.

Jefs, 12 point lead.

Vikings, 11 point lead.

Packers, 14 points.

That’s great!

6-0 in the games you provided. Thanks for disputing your silly argument for me.

3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Jefs, 12 point lead.

Vikings, 11 point lead.

Packers, 14 points.

All of them are wins. Good point dude! We won against quality talent even when they did their job to try and come back!

@Zaximus is right everyone! Panthers are the most resilient team in the NFL! We bend and don't break!

Great post brother!

5 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Jefs, 12 point lead.

Vikings, 11 point lead.

Packers, 14 points.

you are not good at this....

Just now, Zaximus said:

Jefs, 12 point lead.

Vikings, 11 point lead.

Packers, 14 points.

Redskins 44-16

Falcons 38-0

Bucs 38-10

Cowboys 33-14

Just now, mjligon said:

That’s great!

6-0 in the games you provided. Thanks for disputing your silly argument for me.

Where Rivera was outcoached and got lucky.    Ok? 

I get it, you think Rivera is an amazing coach, that's fine, he's not, he's routinely outcoached, cannot manage time still seven years in, does stupid stuff like benching Munnerlyn yesterday, etc.     I'm having fun with the wins, but I'm worried because we're really just getting lucky and that may end soon.     Rivera is a great coach once every four years, but mediocre the rest, if that's what you want in an NFL team, I understand you guys.    I'd rather dominate every year personally.  

Just now, Zaximus said:

Where Rivera was outcoached and got lucky.    Ok? 

I get it, you think Rivera is an amazing coach, that's fine, he's not, he's routinely outcoached, cannot manage time still seven years in, does stupid stuff like benching Munnerlyn yesterday, etc.     I'm having fun with the wins, but I'm worried because we're really just getting lucky and that may end soon.     Rivera is a great coach once every four years, but mediocre the rest, if that's what you want in an NFL team, I understand you guys.    I'd rather dominate every year personally.  

You say it’s luck- but you haven’t provided any evidence to show the contrary 

Just now, mjligon said:

@Zaximus you should be able to provide an example of a time where the Panthers got out to a large lead, let their foot off the gas, and lost. 

You know we're had countless things bounce our way this year that covered up poor coaching but you believe what you want.    Those things don't continue to bounce your way.  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    A Real Actual American

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts