Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebigcat

It's time to give a moment and appreciate Ron Rivera

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Um no.   Look, I'd agree with your sentiment if it wasn't EVERY SINGLE WEEK.      There's a pattern for 7 years here.   It's why Rivera is only 26-24-1 in games decided by a touchdown or less.    The guy is basically close to only 50% playing this terrible style of pansy ball.      If he was at 75% maybe it would make sense, but he's not, and it doesn't.     Sorry.    

People will point out his 15-1 season as boosting up that number

But half of those losses, 12 actually, come from his first two seasons here.

You know, when this team was a complete train wreck.

So really, in the last 5 years, the time frame been a playoff Calibur team, he's lost 12 games decided by 7 points or less.

So, uh, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Rags said:

People will point out his 15-1 season as boosting up that number

But half of those losses, 12 actually, come from his first two seasons here.

You know, when this team was a complete train wreck.

So really, in the last 5 years, the time frame been a playoff Calibur team, he's lost 12 games decided by 7 points or less.

So, uh, lol.

Yeah he definitely got better, won't say he didn't, but we're still hanging on the edge in these games and it's not because we're getting beaten it's because we take the foot off the gas.     With a healthy Rodgers yesterday we lose by 14.  We were one play from losing the game even with rusty Rodgers.     It is it too much to ask this guy to grow some balls and let his players play at the end of the game instead of going into prevent or turtle mode on offense?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Where Rivera was outcoached and got lucky.    Ok? 

I get it, you think Rivera is an amazing coach, that's fine, he's not, he's routinely outcoached, cannot manage time still seven years in, does stupid stuff like benching Munnerlyn yesterday, etc.     I'm having fun with the wins, but I'm worried because we're really just getting lucky and that may end soon.     Rivera is a great coach once every four years, but mediocre the rest, if that's what you want in an NFL team, I understand you guys.    I'd rather dominate every year personally.  

there is no way of measuring luck in football man... your argument has no legs. You can not provide statistical evidence of luck. Just stop trying. You look and sound pathetic in these posts.

Luck is dumbest fugging argument anyone can use. Using luck as your basis gives you the appearance of someone who lack intelligence. Take that as advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zaximus said:

Yeah he definitely got better, won't say he didn't, but we're still hanging on the edge in these games and it's not because we're getting beaten it's because we take the foot off the gas.     With a healthy Rodgers yesterday we lose by 14.   He were one play from losing the game even with rusty Rodgers.     It is it too much to ask this guy to grow some balls and let his players play at the end of the game instead of going into prevent or turtle mode on offense?   

would you rather take the foot off the gas and win, or keep the pedal to the metal and lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheCasillas said:

there is no way of measuring luck in football man... your argument has no legs. You can not provide statistical evidence of luck. Just stop trying. You look and sound pathetic in these posts.

Luck is dumbest fugging argument anyone can use. Using luck as your basis gives you the appearance of someone who lack intelligence. Take that as advice.

Did I say I was going to provide a statistical argument on luck?   I don't think so.   I was just talking about close games.     Of course there isn't a way to measure it, but you know what I'm talking about.    Who are you again? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I just can't get behind this.  Just about any coach could have this team at 10-4, a good or great coach would have us at 12-2 or better.  Players make a difference, and I feel our record is more a reflection of the quality of the team vs. the quality of coaching.  I guess 3-0 Shanahan with Garoppolo is like totally a better coach than 1-10 Shanahan was before Garoppolo.  McCarthy also suddenly became terrible when Rodgers was injured.  Similarly, Bill O'Brien also forgot everything about coaching when Watson went down.  Ron has probably gotten the minimum or a little bit more than the minimum from the talent he's had since he's been here.  I think a coach like Belichick would have a ring on each Cam's hands by now.  A coach like Belichick wouldn't have sat on the ball in New Orleans with 46 secs on the clock before half down a TD.  I'm not saying we can easily find a coach like Belichick, but it wouldn't be hard to find a coach that could have this team at 10-4.  Hell, I'd like to see Wilks bring his aggressive mentality to the top of the team.  He's gonna head coach somewhere one day soon anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Newtcase said:

Yeah, I just can't get behind this.  Just about any coach could have this team at 10-4, a good or great coach would have us at 12-2 or better.  Players make a difference, and I feel our record is more a reflection of the quality of the team vs. the quality of coaching.  I guess 3-0 Shanahan with Garoppolo is like totally a better coach than 1-10 Shanahan was before Garoppolo.  McCarthy also suddenly became terrible when Rodgers was injured.  Similarly, Bill O'Brien also forgot everything about coaching when Watson went down.  Ron has probably gotten the minimum or a little bit more than the minimum from the talent he's had since he's been here.  I think a coach like Belichick would have a ring on each Cam's hands by now.  A coach like Belichick wouldn't have sat on the ball in New Orleans with 46 secs on the clock before half down a TD.  I'm not saying we can easily find a coach like Belichick, but it wouldn't be hard to find a coach that could have this team at 10-4.  Hell, I'd like to see Wilks bring his aggressive mentality to the top of the team.  He's gonna head coach somewhere one day soon anyway.  

LOL classic

”a coach like Belichick”

pretty sure 31 teams would love to find that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mjligon said:

would you rather take the foot off the gas and win, or keep the pedal to the metal and lose?

Good question.    I hate the way Rivera coaches because it will bite him, and probably in the playoffs.    If it was a here and there strategy thing, that's one thing, but it's every single week.     I will never hate on a team that plays as hard as it can and loses.    But when you put your beast QB like Cam in a tiny box and won't let the offense do their thing, each week, it gets worrisome.     Also when you trot out prevent defense every week and screw the defense on the first 3 quarters of hard play and then expect them to fight to keep a 3 point lead, I worry.    Those things run out and usually at the worst time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Did I say I was going to provide a statistical argument on luck?   I don't think so.   I was just talking about close games.     Of course there isn't a way to measure it, but you know what I'm talking about.    Who are you again? lol

You use luck in almost all of your posts in this thread brother.  Obviously, I don't know what you are talking about, otherwise I wouldn't of called it out. 

You are measuring a degree that is unrelated to the game of football, to justify your point. The problem is your argument is like a circle, pointless.

Who am I? Just like you, someone posting on a message board. Difference? I don't argue non-nonsensical beliefs to judge someone doing their job, when I have no idea what goes on in that locker room. 

You bleed ignorance with your posts in this thread. give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we talk about clock management at the end of the first half! I blew a fuse on the handling of the situation. Up 10-7 with more than 3 minutes left we went COMPLETELY conservative and tried to run out as much clock as possible. Cam picked up a first down with his legs then we did nothing for 3 plays and punted. 

Rodgers proceeds to drive down the field and score making our secondary look like swiss cheese. Down 14-10 we get the ball with 55 seconds left AND THEN decide we want to be aggressive. Cam almost threw a pick on the first play with the ball being batted straight into the air. If we would have given up another TD or even a FG before the half this game would have been completely different.

Absolutely mind-boggling being conservative which a good chunk of time left which essentially sealed a TD for green bay then, when we could have let the clock run out we decide to be aggressive. Sometimes I wonder if the Panthers have any idea what they want to do or if they are completely guessing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adb6368 said:

Can we talk about clock management at the end of the first half! I blew a fuse on the handling of the situation. Up 10-7 with more than 3 minutes left we went COMPLETELY conservative and tried to run out as much clock as possible. Cam picked up a first down with his legs then we did nothing for 3 plays and punted. 

Rodgers proceeds to drive down the field and score making our secondary look like swiss cheese. Down 14-10 we get the ball with 55 seconds left AND THEN decide we want to be aggressive. Cam almost threw a pick on the first play with the ball being batted straight into the air. If we would have given up another TD or even a FG before the half this game would have been completely different.

Absolutely mind-boggling being conservative which a good chunk of time left which essentially sealed a TD for green bay then, when we could have let the clock run out we decide to be aggressive. Sometimes I wonder if the Panthers have any idea what they want to do or if they are completely guessing. 

These are the things I am talking about, but the others in this thread are OK with it as long as we barely hang on for a win.

These things catch up to you, and at the wrong games most of the time.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

 It is it too much to ask this guy to grow some balls and let his players play at the end of the game instead of going into prevent or turtle mode on offense?   

In our last 3 wins, he has.

Against the Dolphins we were still throwing even in the 4th quarter.

Same in the Vikings game, though not as much since the run was working so well.

In the Packers game there were two examples of this.

First time right before half time, with one time out and less than a minute, we actually called a couple of pass plays. They didn't work, really, but Ron didn't just try to kneel out the clock.

And before the Packers last TD, we actually ran a PA pass, just someone royaly fuged up their block and Cam got sacked almost instantly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rags said:

In our last 3 wins, he has.

Against the Dolphins we were still throwing even in the 4th quarter.

Same in the Vikings game, though not as much since the run was working so well.

In the Packers game there were two examples of this.

First time right before half time, with one time out and less than a minute, we actually called a couple of pass plays. They didn't work, really, but Ron didn't just try to kneel out the clock.

And before the Packers last TD, we actually ran a PA pass, just someone royaly fuged up their block and Cam got sacked almost instantly.

 

I remember yesterday in the fourth quarter getting the ball for up the gut runs just to punt it back, after the third int we got from Rodgers.    We literally gave them field position by intercepting Rodgers and punting it back.    That's just one example.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Yeah, I just can't get behind this.  Just about any coach could have this team at 10-4, a good or great coach would have us at 12-2 or better.  Players make a difference, and I feel our record is more a reflection of the quality of the team vs. the quality of coaching.  I guess 3-0 Shanahan with Garoppolo is like totally a better coach than 1-10 Shanahan was before Garoppolo.  McCarthy also suddenly became terrible when Rodgers was injured.  Similarly, Bill O'Brien also forgot everything about coaching when Watson went down.  Ron has probably gotten the minimum or a little bit more than the minimum from the talent he's had since he's been here.  I think a coach like Belichick would have a ring on each Cam's hands by now.  A coach like Belichick wouldn't have sat on the ball in New Orleans with 46 secs on the clock before half down a TD.  I'm not saying we can easily find a coach like Belichick, but it wouldn't be hard to find a coach that could have this team at 10-4.  Hell, I'd like to see Wilks bring his aggressive mentality to the top of the team.  He's gonna head coach somewhere one day soon anyway.  

Matt fuging Kalil is our starting left tackle, Funchess is our only WR that didn't go undrafted, and our secondary is a little below average. You're overrating our roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,359
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    sarisatva
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      141,029
    • Total Posts
      4,493,764
×