thebigcat

It's time to give a moment and appreciate Ron Rivera

Just now, mjligon said:

That’s great!

6-0 in the games you provided. Thanks for disputing your silly argument for me.

Where Rivera was outcoached and got lucky.    Ok? 

I get it, you think Rivera is an amazing coach, that's fine, he's not, he's routinely outcoached, cannot manage time still seven years in, does stupid stuff like benching Munnerlyn yesterday, etc.     I'm having fun with the wins, but I'm worried because we're really just getting lucky and that may end soon.     Rivera is a great coach once every four years, but mediocre the rest, if that's what you want in an NFL team, I understand you guys.    I'd rather dominate every year personally.  

Just now, Zaximus said:

I get it, you think Rivera is an amazing coach, that's fine, he's not, he's routinely outcoached, cannot manage time still seven years in, does stupid stuff like benching Munnerlyn yesterday, etc.     I'm having fun with the wins, but I'm worried because we're really just getting lucky and that may end soon.     Rivera is a great coach once every four years, but mediocre the rest, if that's what you want in an NFL team, I understand you guys.    I'd rather dominate every year personally.  

You say it’s luck- but you haven’t provided any evidence to show the contrary 

Just now, mjligon said:

@Zaximus you should be able to provide an example of a time where the Panthers got out to a large lead, let their foot off the gas, and lost. 

You know we're had countless things bounce our way this year that covered up poor coaching but you believe what you want.    Those things don't continue to bounce your way.  

2 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Um no.   Look, I'd agree with your sentiment if it wasn't EVERY SINGLE WEEK.      There's a pattern for 7 years here.   It's why Rivera is only 26-24-1 in games decided by a touchdown or less.    The guy is basically close to only 50% playing this terrible style of pansy ball.      If he was at 75% maybe it would make sense, but he's not, and it doesn't.     Sorry.    

People will point out his 15-1 season as boosting up that number

But half of those losses, 12 actually, come from his first two seasons here.

You know, when this team was a complete train wreck.

So really, in the last 5 years, the time frame been a playoff Calibur team, he's lost 12 games decided by 7 points or less.

So, uh, lol.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

People will point out his 15-1 season as boosting up that number

But half of those losses, 12 actually, come from his first two seasons here.

You know, when this team was a complete train wreck.

So really, in the last 5 years, the time frame been a playoff Calibur team, he's lost 12 games decided by 7 points or less.

So, uh, lol.

Yeah he definitely got better, won't say he didn't, but we're still hanging on the edge in these games and it's not because we're getting beaten it's because we take the foot off the gas.     With a healthy Rodgers yesterday we lose by 14.  We were one play from losing the game even with rusty Rodgers.     It is it too much to ask this guy to grow some balls and let his players play at the end of the game instead of going into prevent or turtle mode on offense?   

Edited by Zaximus

4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

there is no way of measuring luck in football man... your argument has no legs. You can not provide statistical evidence of luck. Just stop trying. You look and sound pathetic in these posts.

Luck is dumbest fugging argument anyone can use. Using luck as your basis gives you the appearance of someone who lack intelligence. Take that as advice.

Just now, Zaximus said:

Yeah he definitely got better, won't say he didn't, but we're still hanging on the edge in these games and it's not because we're getting beaten it's because we take the foot off the gas.     With a healthy Rodgers yesterday we lose by 14.   He were one play from losing the game even with rusty Rodgers.     It is it too much to ask this guy to grow some balls and let his players play at the end of the game instead of going into prevent or turtle mode on offense?   

would you rather take the foot off the gas and win, or keep the pedal to the metal and lose?

Just now, TheCasillas said:

there is no way of measuring luck in football man... your argument has no legs. You can not provide statistical evidence of luck. Just stop trying. You look and sound pathetic in these posts.

Luck is dumbest fugging argument anyone can use. Using luck as your basis gives you the appearance of someone who lack intelligence. Take that as advice.

Did I say I was going to provide a statistical argument on luck?   I don't think so.   I was just talking about close games.     Of course there isn't a way to measure it, but you know what I'm talking about.    Who are you again? lol

Yeah, I just can't get behind this.  Just about any coach could have this team at 10-4, a good or great coach would have us at 12-2 or better.  Players make a difference, and I feel our record is more a reflection of the quality of the team vs. the quality of coaching.  I guess 3-0 Shanahan with Garoppolo is like totally a better coach than 1-10 Shanahan was before Garoppolo.  McCarthy also suddenly became terrible when Rodgers was injured.  Similarly, Bill O'Brien also forgot everything about coaching when Watson went down.  Ron has probably gotten the minimum or a little bit more than the minimum from the talent he's had since he's been here.  I think a coach like Belichick would have a ring on each Cam's hands by now.  A coach like Belichick wouldn't have sat on the ball in New Orleans with 46 secs on the clock before half down a TD.  I'm not saying we can easily find a coach like Belichick, but it wouldn't be hard to find a coach that could have this team at 10-4.  Hell, I'd like to see Wilks bring his aggressive mentality to the top of the team.  He's gonna head coach somewhere one day soon anyway.  

1 minute ago, Newtcase said:

Yeah, I just can't get behind this.  Just about any coach could have this team at 10-4, a good or great coach would have us at 12-2 or better.  Players make a difference, and I feel our record is more a reflection of the quality of the team vs. the quality of coaching.  I guess 3-0 Shanahan with Garoppolo is like totally a better coach than 1-10 Shanahan was before Garoppolo.  McCarthy also suddenly became terrible when Rodgers was injured.  Similarly, Bill O'Brien also forgot everything about coaching when Watson went down.  Ron has probably gotten the minimum or a little bit more than the minimum from the talent he's had since he's been here.  I think a coach like Belichick would have a ring on each Cam's hands by now.  A coach like Belichick wouldn't have sat on the ball in New Orleans with 46 secs on the clock before half down a TD.  I'm not saying we can easily find a coach like Belichick, but it wouldn't be hard to find a coach that could have this team at 10-4.  Hell, I'd like to see Wilks bring his aggressive mentality to the top of the team.  He's gonna head coach somewhere one day soon anyway.  

LOL classic

”a coach like Belichick”

pretty sure 31 teams would love to find that

Just now, mjligon said:

would you rather take the foot off the gas and win, or keep the pedal to the metal and lose?

Good question.    I hate the way Rivera coaches because it will bite him, and probably in the playoffs.    If it was a here and there strategy thing, that's one thing, but it's every single week.     I will never hate on a team that plays as hard as it can and loses.    But when you put your beast QB like Cam in a tiny box and won't let the offense do their thing, each week, it gets worrisome.     Also when you trot out prevent defense every week and screw the defense on the first 3 quarters of hard play and then expect them to fight to keep a 3 point lead, I worry.    Those things run out and usually at the worst time.  

3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Did I say I was going to provide a statistical argument on luck?   I don't think so.   I was just talking about close games.     Of course there isn't a way to measure it, but you know what I'm talking about.    Who are you again? lol

You use luck in almost all of your posts in this thread brother.  Obviously, I don't know what you are talking about, otherwise I wouldn't of called it out. 

You are measuring a degree that is unrelated to the game of football, to justify your point. The problem is your argument is like a circle, pointless.

Who am I? Just like you, someone posting on a message board. Difference? I don't argue non-nonsensical beliefs to judge someone doing their job, when I have no idea what goes on in that locker room. 

You bleed ignorance with your posts in this thread. give up.