Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Mills Fan

There are 2 types of people posting about how the Panthers are going to move: trolls and fuging idiots

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Ok I’ll completely trust your opinion and the Charlotte Observer’s point of view. I’m sure the new owner will consider each respected source.

And that observer link was directly from Forbes.

do you trust them?

17 minutes ago, philit99 said:

You are correct Sir, If we move it will be because of a new Stadium. Other potential cities would also drive the incentives and force Charlotte to match them. 

And what markets do you think could :

A - Be able to afford a new stadium

B - Not cost the NFL money after the debacle the Chargers and Rams have proven 

C - Has a city that's faster growing that Charlotte 

That would be a threat to us losing the Panthers.

I'll wait.

6 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Jonathan Jones writes for Sports Illustrated now. He has no ties to the Observer, and his opinion is knowledgeable and also unbiased.

Dude I’d love for this to be the case. However, How many stadiums has the falcons built since Ericsson/BOA opened. I’m not being a troll, I am not being a jerk, I’m simply stating the next owner, an unknown entity at that, will control our base location. Please remember, the Panthers are one of the few privately held NFL teams. The owner is not tied to anything or anyone.

6 minutes ago, Rags said:

I'll wait.

And don’t forget the 15+ million represented by the Carolinas as a whole, our namesake, not just Charlotte.

3 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Dude I’d love for this to be the case. However, How many stadiums has the falcons built since Ericsson/BOA opened. I’m not being a troll, I am not being a jerk, I’m simply stating the next owner, an unknown entity at that, will control our base location. Please remember, the Panthers are one of the few privately held NFL teams. The owner is not tied to anything or anyone.

The falcons have had 1 stadium change since BoA opened and BoA has had more recent and major renovations than the Georgia Dome.

On top of that the Falcons were not a very good market. More people probably care about the Braves than the Falcons. You could even argue the same about the Hawks. This is just a flashy new stadium to try and increase ticket sales.

10 minutes ago, Rags said:

I'll wait.

Yea i dont believe there are any cities left big enough to throw away that much money on the entertainment industry

12 minutes ago, Rags said:

I'll wait.

Toronto, San Antonio, London to name a few. Each of which have a larger market viewership than Charlotte. Again, I’m not being an ass I am simply stating that their is a potential for the team to move, outside our control. I am a fan, I want the team to stay, but there is a real danger

7 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Toronto, San Antonio, London to name a few. Each of which have a larger market viewership than Charlotte. Again, I’m not being an ass I am simply stating that their is a potential for the team to move, outside our control. I am a fan, I want the team to stay, but there is a real danger

Toronto has a team practically in their back yard in Buffalo, Jerry Jones/Bob McNair/the league won’t allow 3 Texas teams (especially to a city with far inferior corporate $ like San Antonio), and if the league even THOUGHT about moving from a city within a 2 hour or less flight to 60% of the US population and center of 15+ million AMERICAN football fans (Carolinas) like CLT to LHR, nuke the entire league right now.  Will.  Never.  Happen.

Just now, philit99 said:

San Antonio isn't happening as long as Jerry Jones is the owner. Raiders already tried that.

CFL sales are down hardcore and, while, yes, the NFL is a different beast, there's no guarantee that it could build a dedicated enough fanbase, or even opposing fans, who would make ticket sales worth a stadium. 

London is a fair argument, but with how many games the Jaguars have played there, and have already dubbed themselves "London's team", AND with an owner who already operates in that market,  you'd have to convince me that the team that London gets won't be the Jaguars, a team in a smaller market with two other teams already in that state.

It’s what happens when the fan base is all transplants and still lives where they came from basically.

most “fans” are not Panthers fans or even living ins Carolina fans— 

fake fans, worst fans in the NFL.

Gantt put it best when he tweeted that the talking about moving is the same as the panic about Charlotte folks about buying milk and bread over flurries...a lot of worry over nothing.

Add into all this the Panthers are a successful market that'd make any move right now or in the foreseeable future riskier than the Chargers, Rams and Raiders. And the NFL is already regretting the LA teams.