• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebigcat

Has anyone noticed the absence of Charles Johnson?

Talk about Mr. Irrelevant, this fella is as good as gone next season. The emergence of Horton and the cap savings of letting Johnson go, the D hasn't missed a beat in his absence as he was non existent this season to begin with

Yea I have noticed and it's been pretty great overall. The run defense actually has slacked off but the pass rush is better.

2 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

Rivera will run him out there as a starter as soon as he is eligible and as long as he is still around.

Sadly yes

that said, all the runs on his side says cox and the DT are it in the same page. 

Not sure what that defense alignment was that left a huge gap between DTs yesterday, but Wilks needs to can it

7 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Sadly yes

that said, all the runs on his side says cox and the DT are it in the same page. 

Not sure what that defense alignment was that left a huge gap between DTs yesterday, but Wilks needs to can it

They gashed us a few times. Part of it may be the fact that we were wary of Rodgers and the Packers just were not running for whatever reason even after those big gains and the game was close. Look out next year for GB's running game if they actually decide to use it. Jones and Williams are a nice 1-2 punch. 

I think we've suffered in run defense a bit, but way better in pass.    I think he had like one tackle before suspension, he's really a non-factor though and the other guys are more than better.  

24 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

Rivera will run him out there as a starter as soon as he is eligible and as long as he is still around.

As we all know but do you think he'll see something is there anyway we don't put CJ right back into a starter role he's been decent on run downs and absent on passing downs. Has Horton done enough with his big plays to get A LOT more pt from here on out?

There have been 4 plays in which the run D has been gashed. Minny got us twice on the counter play which I believe were flukes. Otherwise the run D has been stout.

More important for rotational purposes and keeping Addison/Peppers fresh than anything else at this point. He knows where to be and when. Not what he used to be but still useful in that sense. 

9 minutes ago, TNPanther said:

There have been 4 plays in which the run D has been gashed. Minny got us twice on the counter play which I believe were flukes. Otherwise the run D has been stout.

Those weren't flukes. They were running at addison

Charles can't do poo but set the edge anymore. He's just very good at setting the edge. Not flashy, but important.

2 hours ago, rhyslloyd said:

Under the current management I would agree with you. But, 2018 is going to bring in (hopefully) a new dynamic.

If a new owner comes in here with a desire to win he's probably going to bring in a new GM. I can't see a new GM bringing Johnson back at $3.5 million at age 32 and coming off a suspension for using PED's. His contract can be voided after 2017 and there will be no cap hit for the 2018 season.

We have a 3rd rounder in Daeshon Hall who needs to get on the field to see if he can help us. We need cap space to sign FA's, extend deals, and sign next year's draft class. As theBigcat pointed out earlier, we haven't missed him since the suspension. To me, cutting him is a no brainer.

Of course, if a hands off owner takes over I could be proven wrong.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Uwontdoit81

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts