• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TNPanther

Culturally, what will change?

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if the first season after JR sells the team we have our first back to back winning season?

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Let me put it this way.

You're talking about someone investing a fortune into a sports franchise. If they are doing so then they must have at least some sort of understanding of the league and how things operate. If that is the case, they see other franchises struggling for years to find even an average starting quarterback, let alone a franchise quarterback who is likely headed for a hall of fame career when it's all said and done. At the end of the day it's about profits and longevity, and as long as Cam Newton is physically able and scoring touchdowns, I don't think he's going anywhere. You're getting a little ahead of yourself is all I'm saying.

Remember a long time ago when the idea of trading Herschel Walker was considered insane?

What kind of trade so you think you could get for Newton?

Again, I'm not saying this is likely to happen, but I think it would be crazy not to acknowledge the possibility.

Stranger things have happened.

1 minute ago, Camvp said:

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if the first season after JR sells the team we have our first back to back winning season?

I think it would be funny to win the SB the year he has to sell the team. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He is the current franchise, yes.

But some new owners want to start everything fresh, put their own stamp on things, wipe away the old, etc.

Guys like Thomas Davis, Ryan Kalil, Greg Olsen and yes, Newton, could be seen as remnants of the old guard, and expendable.

Will it happen? Unknown. But if you think it couldn't happen, think again. 

Plenty of teams go through major changes after changing owners. It's possible for us too.

Yeah, lets trade away the best player the franchise has ever had just because i'm the mutha fugin CEO now!.. What a great way to get the fan base on your side as the teams new owner...

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Remember a long time ago when the idea of trading Herschel Walker was considered insane?

Again, I'm not saying this is likely to happen, but I think it would be crazy not to acknowledge the possibility.

Stranger things have happened.

It would be a even bigger mistake. We have a top 5 QB that will go down as one of the best. It would be like trading Payton Manning in his prime. 

Just now, Yaboychris28 said:

Yeah, lets trade away the best player the franchise has ever had just because i'm the mutha fugin CEO now!.. What a great way to get the fan base on your side as the teams new owner...

So you've never seen an example of a new owner moving on from a popular player?

Heck, new GMs have done it even without ownership changes.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He is the current franchise, yes.

But some new owners want to start everything fresh, put their own stamp on things, wipe away the old, etc.

Guys like Thomas Davis, Ryan Kalil, Greg Olsen and yes, Newton, could be seen as remnants of the old guard, and expendable.

Will it happen? Unknown. But if you think it couldn't happen, think again. 

Plenty of teams go through major changes after changing owners. It's possible for us too.

Cmon man.

you’re poking the bear here

8 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Cmon man.

you’re poking the bear here

Not really.

Hurney is the GM at least through this offseason. It will take at least that long to get new owners in place, and then after that the owners will take a look at the structure and decide what changes they want to make. All of this likely takes place over the course of next season.

Now suppose for a moment that next season is a disaster and we finish 1-15 or something like that.

The offseason following that, the new GM takes over.

At that point, all options are open. The team could move on from Newton, Kuechly, Rivera, anybody.

2 minutes ago, OBXPantha said:

I heard p Diddy plans to bring in Snoop dog as gm. 

and rename the team the  Carolina Bad Boys with Biggie as the new logo

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not really.

Hurney is the GM at least through this offseason. It will take at least that long to get new owners in place, and then after that the owners will take a look at the structure and decide what changes they want to make. All of this likely takes place over the course of next season.

Now suppose for a moment that next season is a disaster and we finish 1-15 or something like that.

At that point, all options are open. The team could move on from Newton, Kuechly, Rivera, anybody.

Well yeah if we went 1-15 that would require some serious change. 

Not saying it couldn’t happen, but it would take some serious collapse to fall that far next season.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not really.

Yeah for one this is new area because rarely does someone get to purchase a successful team thus the need to restructure. Whoever does purchase the team will get a playoff team as well. That's why JR will get paid a ton of money and we want see the team sell off Luke and Cam. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And set himself up to lose his job.

How many coaches/GMs has Rivers been through? This day and age you don't replace a QB or a star player like Luke in this media driven age and instantly get backlash. Not to mention you instantly say "we're in rebuild mode" for no reason and your job is instantly on thin ice.

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

Well yeah if we went 1-15 that would require some serious change. 

Not saying it couldn’t happen, but it would take some serious collapse to fall that far next season.

We've got some guys on board in key spots who are a little long in the tooth.

Matt Kalil is likely still the left tackle next year.

How susceptible to additional concussions is Kuechly?

How many more hits is Newton going to take?

And we're talking about a time frame of early 2019 here. If I remember correctly, the 2019 to 2020 season is the last year of Newton's contract (somebody can look that up).

My personal take: Newton is here through at least the end of his current contract. Whether it gets extended or not depends on the next few years.

So no, I don't think it will happen.

But again, it definitely could.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Deadly

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts