Jump to content
ecu88

ECU88 Draft

Recommended Posts

Precombine (I will update after combine) 

1) Orlando Brown*, OT, Oklahoma 
2) Ronnie Harrison*, S, Alabama  (SS)

3) Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M (FS)
3) Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin 

5) Lowell Lotulelei, NT, Utah 
6) Mike Love, DE, South Florida 
7) Brandon Powell, WR, Florida 

 

I am more worried about our aging Defense than our Offense (resign Rotten, Byrd, Bersin, Larsen).

Our CBs, going into yr 3 I trust their development. Draft our upcoming S future, Harrison and Watts. Hall year 2 (bigger, more weight/stronger) DE, Mario Addison, Wes Horton, sign Efe Obada, resign JP 1 yr and cut CJ. DTs resign Star, KK, Butler, Lowell, Love. LBs I am good with. 

Edited by ecu88
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love, Love the safety Duo of Harrison and Watts.   

Harrison isnt making its out of the 1st.  But I have us grabbing him in the 1st then Watts 2nd or 3rd

Fumagalli would be a solid pickup in the late 3rd. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


31 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Love, Love the safety Duo of Harrison and Watts.   

Harrison isnt making its out of the 1st.  But I have us grabbing him in the 1st then Watts 2nd or 3rd

Fumagalli would be a solid pickup in the late 3rd. 

Could Orlando Brown drop to us in the 2nd? Prob not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ecu88 said:

Could Orlando Brown drop to us in the 2nd? Prob not?

No, but not a fan of drafting him.  Hes going to be a good player but feel he's going to be a RT.

Daryl Williams has been playing his but off at RT already.  We have a lot of money tied into Kalil and cant cut until next offseason, plus we have a high draft pick OT still sitting in our back pocket that we dont know much about besodes the staff like him.  

Now I could go with a draft like this (most of mone havnt had a OL in it)

1st: Harrison

2nd: Billy Price- I think Ryan Kalil is about done.  And Larsen isnt the answer as starter, good back up though.  We saw the huge difference once Kalil came in recently.  Price is that big physical Center who would be the perfect replacement

3rd: Watts

3rd b: Pettis- need help at WR 

5th: Chad Thomas

6th: Jaylen Samuels- that dynamic ball catching and running FB we had with Tolbert

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ncfan said:

No, but not a fan of drafting him.  Hes going to be a good player but feel he's going to be a RT.

Daryl Williams has been playing his but off at RT already.  We have a lot of money tied into Kalil and cant cut until next offseason, plus we have a high draft pick OT still sitting in our back pocket that we dont know much about besodes the staff like him.  

Now I could go with a draft like this (most of mone havnt had a OL in it)

1st: Harrison

2nd: Billy Price- I think Ryan Kalil is about done.  And Larsen isnt the answer as starter, good back up though.  We saw the huge difference once Kalil came in recently.  Price is that big physical Center who would be the perfect replacement

3rd: Watts

3rd b: Pettis- need help at WR 

5th: Chad Thomas

6th: Jaylen Samuels- that dynamic ball catching and running FB we had with Tolbert

This would be an amazing draft but I see Price going in the top 25 now. However, I agree that addressing both safety spots is a must. We need more range and speed in the back. Dante Pettis would be a huge upgrade over Clay as he is an excellent returner and has upside at WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

This would be an amazing draft but I see Price going in the top 25 now. However, I agree that addressing both safety spots is a must. We need more range and speed in the back. Dante Pettis would be a huge upgrade over Clay as he is an excellent returner and has upside at WR. 

agreed, though

Price- I feel he is a slightly more hyped version of Pat Elflein. Who he took over for once he left for the Pro's.  Elflein was hyped as the top Center and border line lower 1st early 2nd guy.  He fell into the 3rd.  So that gives me hope tgat he Could fall to our 2nd spot.

 

Pettis for some reason reminds me a Ton of Jarvis Landry.  Both not Fast (Pettis is projected a mid 4.5 guy)  but both are quick, good route runner and field vision, and solid Hands

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Pettis for some reason reminds me a Ton of Jarvis Landry.  Both not Fast (Pettis is projected a mid 4.5 guy)  but both are quick, good route runner and field vision, and solid Hands

Have you heard about prospects like Paris Campbell or Troy Fumagalli? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




30 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Have you heard about prospects like Paris Campbell or Troy Fumagalli? 

Not much, Campbell is just like Samuel last year.  Geat athlete super Raw.

Fumagalli, everything i've has him going in the 3rd at best.  

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get a receiver in the 3rd round, I'd like for us to look at D.J. Moore out of Maryland. Dude has great hands and playmaking ability.

Edited by Boxhead85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can come away with a safety duo of Ronnie Harrison/Deshon Elliott or Watts. Good gawd. 

I feel like Harrison and Elliott could be interchangeable at safety both can tackle in the open field, make plays in the box and cover down field. Elliott gets more INTs but they both are playmakers on the backend. Whereas with Watts I feel like he' solely a SS but it' nothing wrong with that. I'll have to watch more tape on Watts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dream draft:

 

1) Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama (SS)

2) Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma 

3) Frank Ragnow, C/G, Arkanas

3) Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M (FS)

5) trade up package 6th 7th rd picks for

Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

 

Roster and depth later after vacation, in TN.

 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ecu88 said:

My dream draft:

 

1) Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama (SS)

2) Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma 

3) Frank Ragnow, C/G, Arkanas

3) Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M (FS)

5) trade up package 6th 7th rd picks for

Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

 

Roster and depth later after vacation, in TN.

 

About the same as mine 

Im really drooling for Harrison in the 1st

Dont think Watts falls to there in the 3rd and I really want him to so I have us getting him in the 2nd.

Want Ragnow real bad in the 3rd, allows to cut Kalil and open cap to resign Norwell. Ragnow is pretty dang good as well

Instead of going TE like Andrews, I got us grabbing a WR in Pettis in the 3rd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,106
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Bushido Brown
    Joined
  • Topics

×