Carl Spackler

We want the Monk, Gotta have that Monk

I think it will take a horrible stretch in January for the Hornets to finally realize they are inadvertently tanking. I just hope that we don't try to pull off a terrible trade and give up a pick or future flexibility. Let's just call it what it is. Our team with a hurt Batum and Cody are not very good. 

Our coaches putting MCW over Monk is not good. When Monk is in the game, we are keeping him in the corner doing nothing but waiting. He is one of the few scorers off the bench and we don't give him a chance. 

How I wish I could go back to the first 10 games of the season and get the excitement back of seeing Monk and Bacon off the bench on regular basis. That was enjoyable.

• Pie 3

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/946029445818744833

This franchise is completely lost. Lost I tell you all. Lost like a vegan at a burger joint. Lost like a surfer at a skiing competition. SMH, just play the young guys, and start over with key pieces. This next stretch will more than likely be brutal. Let the rookies play and learn from it like other GOOD franchises do.

• Pie 1

It's time to admit this team as currently constructed will never even win a playoff series, and might not even make the playoffs. 

If we tank now we could easily land in the top four of the draft next year and with a little luck and help from the rigged lottery we could end up with a superstar. 

TOP that with anything we get from trading Kemba + Batum + anyone else. We might be able to accrue some serious pieces down the road. 

A future of Bagley/Young + Monk + Bacon + Assets looks good

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, SOJA said:

It's time to admit this team as currently constructed will never even win a playoff series, and might not even make the playoffs. 

If we tank now we could easily land in the top four of the draft next year and with a little luck and help from the rigged lottery we could end up with a superstar. 

TOP that with anything we get from trading Kemba + Batum + anyone else. We might be able to accrue some serious pieces down the road. 

A future of Bagley/Young + Monk + Bacon + Assets looks good

Yes, yes, yes, yes!  Thank you!  

• Pie 1

Batum being awful this year (nothing against him might be his injury) has really hurt us. 

Doubt we can get anything for him anymore unless it's to a desperate team like the Cavs and I'm not sure how they could make the salaries work. 

19 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Batum being awful this year (nothing against him might be his injury) has really hurt us. 

Doubt we can get anything for him anymore unless it's to a desperate team like the Cavs and I'm not sure how they could make the salaries work. 

I'd take a Gatorade full of backwash for him.  

• Pie 1

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8caneem

This trade is insane but it kinda makes sense. 

Cavs are clear winners in the short term, they get a rim protector, another playmaker and get to start Love at Center his more natural position. Batum is exactly the kind of player they need to beat the Warriors.

Nuggets finally get Faried off the books and dump Mudiay. Meanwhile they get Thompson a player that gives them a dangerous and deep front court. Denver gets two second round picks Cavs and Mavs . 

Mavs are cleary unhappy with Noel and get something for him now. They make out like bandits getting a guy that Dirk can mentor in his last year. 

Hornets take on bad salaries for two years. We go full tank mode, get a first rounder from the Cavs here, and just start building toward the future. We also get a hyper talented Mudiay that Kemba can mentor. 

Bagley + Monk + Bacon + Cavs future first (which could end up being VERY high in just a few years) + lots of cap space two years from now

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 1

23 hours ago, SOJA said:

Cavs are clear winners in the short term, they get a rim protector, another playmaker and get to start Love at Center his more natural position. Batum is exactly the kind of player they need to beat the Warriors.

Nuggets finally get Faried off the books and dump Mudiay. Meanwhile they get Thompson a player that gives them a dangerous and deep front court. Denver gets two second round picks Cavs and Mavs . 

Mavs are cleary unhappy with Noel and get something for him now. They make out like bandits getting a guy that Dirk can mentor in his last year. 

Hornets take on bad salaries for two years. We go full tank mode, get a first rounder from the Cavs here, and just start building toward the future. We also get a hyper talented Mudiay that Kemba can mentor. 

Bagley + Monk + Bacon + Cavs future first (which could end up being VERY high in just a few years) + lots of cap space two years from now

Rather us go ahead and get rid of Kemba and Draft Trae Young.  Other than that, I love the trade.

• Pie 2

On 12/28/2017 at 11:02 AM, SOJA said:

I'm under the impression that no one wants soft as$ Batum.  Even if it's a bad contract swap or 3+ way trade.  Hopefully they prove me wrong.