TheCableGuy

Baker Mayfield Would Be A Great Back QB To Cam.

Lmao this guy must not watch many panthers games... nevermind the poo show at wide out..nevermind the terrible running game... the aging 33-36 year pass rush. The corners the safties...what we need is a backup qb... that’s so Super Bowls...

If we take Mayfield, it's because the new ownership (whether officially approved or not) wants to move on from Cam and place Baker as the starter...neither of which is going to happen...even if Mayfield was available...which he won't be.

Look for OT, DE, Safety, WR, or possibly even CB to be the pick.  QB won't even be on the radar.

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

If we take Mayfield, it's because the new ownership (whether officially approved or not) wants to move on from Cam and place Baker as the starter...neither of which is going to happen...even if Mayfield was available...which he won't be.

Look for OT, DE, Safety, WR, or possibly even CB to be the pick.  QB won't even be on the radar.

well, we are talking about Hurney here.

There will be another vet QB willing to sit behind Cam. a draft pick is a waste.

QB won't be an issue for now, I'd rather spend that 1st rounder to get Jonathan Stewart's replacement, Saquon Barkley.  Stewart a UFA in 2019 and the Panthers would be nuts to sign him to any big money contract, but Hurney is there...

On 1/1/2018 at 7:17 PM, TheCableGuy said:

we be picking late 1st round and I would def do it cause we need a good backup just in case Cam goes down. 

This is a pick you make only if you have no holes elsewhere.

We have plenty. Need a WR, a LT, and probably a featured RB. Another CB wouldn't hurt, nor would a FS or a SS.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:58 AM, g5jamz said:

QB won't be an issue for now, I'd rather spend that 1st rounder to get Jonathan Stewart's replacement, Saquon Barkley.  Stewart a UFA in 2019 and the Panthers would be nuts to sign him to any big money contract, but Hurney is there...

Barkley won’t make it past 4 to Cleveland just so you know.

On 1/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, TheCableGuy said:

we needed to draft a good backup qb for years and Baker would be perfect and I would draft him with our first round pick.

anyone else agrees?

B&

On 1/1/2018 at 7:35 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m a fan of Mayfield but I believe he’s gonna be the Bills first round target.

Which is just as ridiculous...drafting a backup in the 1st to be your starter...