thebigcat

LOL if you think Shula/Rivera will ever go anywhere, mediocrity is rewarded in the NFL- Example Marvin Lewis

in about 95 years of coaching the Bungles, he has yet to win a playoff game. Coached the team to another abysmal season this year and the team looked horrendous, always undisciplined, literally a no pun intended inmates running the prison scenario with guys like Burfict, Jones just going wild. So what does the Bungles do, reward him with a 2 year contract extension.

If you think Rivera/Shula are going anywhere after 4 playoffs in 5 years and an 11-5 season, there is a bridge in NY I would like to see you and personally jump off of myself realizing we are stuck with Shula for near eternity now

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

not sure I understand the logic of the post. Also not sure why I am responding.

are you comparing the two situations and arguing that the results from Rivera/Shula are an example of NFL teams rewarding mediocrity?

damn it is going to be a long week on what should be a short week....

also.... it is no secret that Mike Brown wants Hue Jackson.  He just decided to wait another year.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, PntherPryd said:

not sure I understand the logic of the post. Also not sure why I am responding.

are you comparing the two situations and arguing that the results from Rivera/Shula are an example of NFL teams rewarding mediocrity?

damn it is going to be a long week on what should be a short week....

people want Shula fired for being an awful coordinator but to his resume he is part of a very successful stint here, he won't go anywhere with the current team resume behind him

Marvin Lewis, who is atrocious by all measures as a coach, just got extended. 

Mediocrity pays in the NFL

They might figure they'll have a tough time finding someone who'll tolerate the malcontents as much as Lewis does.

• Beer 1

Saw this and immediately thought of Ron, smh. No joke, I hope we go 1-15 next year, the end would justify the means if it means Rivera and Shula are gone

• Pie 2

64-47-1 (57% win percentage) with four playoff appearances, three division titles, and one NFC championship is definitely mediocre. Definition of it, really.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TN05 said:

64-47-1 (57% win percentage) with four playoff appearances, three division titles, and one NFC championship is definitely mediocre. Definition of it, really.

This is honestly geared more to Shula 

2 year contract, but he’ll only be there one more year. As soon as Hue is fired next year, Lewis is outta there

• Pie 1

Idk what this is about but all i know is that the panthers should absolutely steal John Ross from the Bengals since Marvin Lewis hates his guts for some reason.

Edited by Saca312
  • Beer 1