thebigcat

LOL if you think Shula/Rivera will ever go anywhere, mediocrity is rewarded in the NFL- Example Marvin Lewis

Panthers have been far from mediocre last five seasons. Get real and quit your bellyaching. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TN05 said:

64-47-1 (57% win percentage) with four playoff appearances, three division titles, and one NFC championship is definitely mediocre. Definition of it, really.

That's actually still pretty mediocre, we want CONSISTENT winning, we want a dynasty like the Pats and Steelers, not a single back to back winning season under Rivera, that stat overrides all.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mike Brown isn't getting forced out by a scandal.

He should be forced out because his team has sucked for SOOO Long.

Marvin Lewis NEVER won a playoff game, in 15 seasons.  Not one.  We are waaay better than the Bengals have been under Lewis.

this is a weird spin on the marvin lewis/bengals relationship

7 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Idk what this is about but all i know is that the panthers should absolutely steal AJ Green from the Bengals since Marvin Lewis hates his guts for some reason.

I can dream right?

10 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Idk what this is about but all i know is that the panthers should absolutely steal John Ross from the Bengals since Marvin Lewis hates his guts for some reason.

Whatever happened to this dude ? The 2017 draft was terrible for 1st round WRs in there first year 

I'm guessing he had injuries again . I remember at the combine them saying he had multiple knee related injuries in college . 

Well,  that and I watched probably 1 Bengals game this year 

I really don't mind being stuck with an 11-5 team headed to the playoffs. I'm not mad about having a team go to the playoffs four out of the last five years. I'm not mad at all with the fact we went to the Superb Owl two years ago and have at least a shot at it this year.

If you've got a coaching staff that can get 11-5 out of a team riddled with injuries to their starters (and we really need to throw Cam in there with his still recovering shoulder early on), an unprecedented turnover in management right at the beginning of training camp and then a massive scandal with ownership that is going to result in sale of the team. 

Heck -- Rivera, Shula and Wilks should get coaching staff of the year nods for getting those results out of this cast of walking wounded, JAGs, old timers, retreads, benchsitters and rookies. And somehow we've got the least penalized team in the league -- something that has surely helped offset our turnover differential and speaks miles to the idea that the team is at least well-controlled and coached.

Considering the basket of lemons the team was presented with this year, they've made a hell of a lot of lemonade.

• Pie 4

Well, the NFL IS a mostly profit sharing league, so it really depends on what the owner or owners want.    Do they want to just make money, or do they want to win?    Some franchises are perfectly OK just taking their share and moving to the next season.       

7 hours ago, Manther said:

He should be forced out because his team has sucked for SOOO Long.

I think the NFL actually considered that a few years back.

15 hours ago, HornetsSting said:

Saw this and immediately thought of Ron, smh. No joke, I hope we go 1-15 next year, the end would justify the means if it means Rivera and Shula are gone

what the hell kind of fan are you?

this makes no sense to me.

if MARVIN LEWIS is getting contract extensions without sniffing a playoff win in God knows how long...doesnt that mean we should DEFINITELY hold on to Rivera for 4/5 years playoffs?

• Pie 1