• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yaboychris28

Louis Riddick comments on Panthers passing game

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some of us have been screaming about Shula's poor play design for a long, long time.

Literally years, and when he was first hired. There is a reason Tampa finally got its super bowl without him.

Funny how the huddle hates ESPN, but needs someone from ESPN to tell them what most of us already knew....

16 hours ago, luke nukem said:

every game this year it seems we have gotten that one autismo drive that is like 16 plays, 8 minutes and ends in a TD. The rest of the game though... nada.

And....that's one of my issues with Ron.  RR looks at those drives, and drools...thinking that if we can ever get those consistently, we can win the Super Bowl.

It's like us being 6-1 (or whatever it is) in 1 score games this season.  That only reinforced Ron's conservative nature.  He forgets to look at the blowout losses, and the 2 teams that continue to mess our seasons up...which happen to be in our division.

The route Beesin ran on 3rd and long definitely wasn’t a day 1 route. As a matter of fact, I never seen it before. 

13 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

And....that's one of my issues with Ron.  RR looks at those drives, and drools...thinking that if we can ever get those consistently, we can win the Super Bowl.

It's like us being 6-1 (or whatever it is) in 1 score games this season.  That only reinforced Ron's conservative nature.  He forgets to look at the blowout losses, and the 2 teams that continue to mess our seasons up...which happen to be in our division.

There's a fine line between not expecting too much and having low standards.

Rivera reminds me of Herman Boone in Remember the Titans, specifically the part where he talks about running just six plays and believing they'll work if you "give em time".

Something is clearly wrong with the route calls during games. The fact that players end up all bunched up in the same area consistently can no longer be blamed on individual player mistakes in my opinion. It happens too consistently and with varied routes and players - there's no consistency that can be pointed towards player wise for this problem so it has to be design issues. I personally think that Shula over complicates his play call verbiage by assigning routes individually with most play calls. Meaning, he'll call a formation and then assign individual routes within the call. During this process he's fuging things up and the result is that routes get congested or incorrectly relayed. I also think this is why our calls come in so slow due to an over complicated verbiage. 

1 hour ago, Tarheels23 said:

As a matter of fact, I never seen it before. 

So you need to watch more football and go back in time and actually play it then as it's common.

Delayed routes happen all the time and can be done in a few different ways. You can jog and pretend like you're about to block then shoot off, you can just half speed half the route then shoot off, you can literally just sit there for a second or two after the snap and then shoot off....ran those all the time.

19 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Aikman is jealous and quite possibly a racist, they poo on Cam all game long and find ways to talk him down. If Cam throws an interception (what a terrible throw). Aaron Rodgers throws and interception (The wr has to run a better route) the agenda has gotten old. 

The race card again lol

1 hour ago, Floppin said:

Something is clearly wrong with the route calls during games. The fact that players end up all bunched up in the same area consistently can no longer be blamed on individual player mistakes in my opinion. It happens too consistently and with varied routes and players - there's no consistency that can be pointed towards player wise for this problem so it has to be design issues. I personally think that Shula over complicates his play call verbiage by assigning routes individually with most play calls. Meaning, he'll call a formation and then assign individual routes within the call. During this process he's fuging things up and the result is that routes get congested or incorrectly relayed. I also think this is why our calls come in so slow due to an over complicated verbiage. 

Agreed.  Something is off, and none of us know enough to comment accurately about it.

Our offense "should" be better than it is...consistently.

We have a veteran QB, we have 2 first round running backs on the roster, a very good interior O Line (when Trai is there), an All Pro TE, and play half of our games either in the South, or in domes...it just doesn't make sense to me.

Not to mention continuity from the HC all the way to the QB.  I don't get it.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Chase Anderson

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts