Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Do you think the new owners will try to make this an Environment where opposing fans are welcomed like JR did or do you think our new owner will try to make it home-field advantage for every game?

One reason I ask is because I saw that we play the Cowboys at home next year.  I've been to a Cowboys game at home and it was not fun, and the Steelers game on my anniversary wasn't either.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The owner can do only so much.  Fans that have season tickets and they sell them to whoever offers the most money.   Usually end up selling to the opposing team players.

I don't have season tickets so when i go to games I buy them online.  Of all the games I have been to the 2010 Cowboy game was by far the most expensive.  When the Cowboys are in town those fans that own those seats sell them and get double or more for those tickets.

I just wish they would sell them to Panther Fans.  That will never ever happen.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


PSLs will always prevent there from being a true home field advantage in BoA. The number of seats owned by ticket brokers is astonishing and means there will always be a large volume available online 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new owner will almost assuredly, no matter how ridiculous it is, demand a new stadium be built. I think the state/local governments will balk at the cost so unless a tether is in place the team will be in St. Louis or some place else. I base this guess largely on the fact that even potential local ownership (Smith or Sabates) want a new stadium in place they can call their own. Team owners in the recent past have tended to look at team purchases as the best opportunity for an early cash-grab by demanding a new stadium built to their specifications. I'd be shocked if the situation didn't in some way mirror what we went through with the arena situation in 2001.

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be surprised if the Panthers are still in Charlotte 5 years from now. New ownership will be looking at a 20+ year old stadium and more than likely will want a new one. Couldn’t blame the people living there for refusing to pay for it.

  • The D 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not just opposing fans. The owners need to attract people to the stadium. They can do this a million different ways. After just getting back from the ATL game it's amazing how different other stadium envrioments are. Even the cheerleaders were so much more impressive.  10% of the stadium was Panther fans, the rest Falcons, who 90% stayed until the end of the game on a FREEZING night in ATL.

Our gametime home field environment here is Charlotte is severely outdated and lacking. It's no wonder it gets taken over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




But...................what about

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The shield

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At midfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lumps said:

It's not just opposing fans. The owners need to attract people to the stadium. They can do this a million different ways. After just getting back from the ATL game it's amazing how different other stadium envrioments are. Even the cheerleaders were so much more impressive.  10% of the stadium was Panther fans, the rest Falcons, who 90% stayed until the end of the game on a FREEZING night in ATL.

Our gametime home field environment here is Charlotte is severely outdated and lacking. It's no wonder it gets taken 8

Edited by !stUp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The new owner will almost assuredly, no matter how ridiculous it is, demand a new stadium be built. I think the state/local governments will balk at the cost so unless a tether is in place the team will be in St. Louis or some place else. I base this guess largely on the fact that even potential local ownership (Smith or Sabates) want a new stadium in place they can call their own. Team owners in the recent past have tended to look at team purchases as the best opportunity for an early cash-grab by demanding a new stadium built to their specifications. I'd be shocked if the situation didn't in some way mirror what we went through with the arena situation in 2001.

St Louis has lost two NFL teams.  It's not happening. 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, !stUp said:

St Louis has lost two NFL teams.  It's not happening. 

"or some place else"

  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

"or some place else"

With the great Las Vegas threat gone, Don't see many viable places for a team move.  I can definitely see the power play in the future, but no really at the moment without many viable alternatives. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,111
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth!
    Joined
  • Topics

×