• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

For Sale

On 1/8/2018 at 1:43 AM, thomas96 said:

Did the report of Eddie DeBartolo being a player have any truth to it?

Hasn´t' been any update since, possibly, though i´d like more info. Most rumors havent had updates outside of the P Diddy clown show though. DeBartolo didnt deny or confirm. Pls let him buy us

15 minutes ago, bewonee said:

Hasn´t' been any update since, possibly, though i´d like more info. Most rumors havent had updates outside of the P Diddy clown show though. DeBartolo didnt deny or confirm. Pls let him buy us

There haven't really been any updates in the sale, which is weird now that our season is over. I want it to be DeBartolo badly. And I think he may be serious. He responded to the initial report saying that he'd respect JR's wish and wouldn't comment until the season was over.  That sounds to me like he is definitely interested to a degree, otherwise he would've just denied it. And I think he missed the NFL and wants to get back, after leaving to focus more on his family businesses some years ago. He's definitely my preferred owner.

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

You guys talk about Sabates and Smith as though they are the east coast version of Al Davis. What gives? Why the animosity?

I don't have any real feelings on it, but I recognize that several people on here do.

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

You guys talk about Sabates and Smith as though they are the east coast version of Al Davis. What gives? Why the animosity?

Al Davis once upon a time was a great football man-won 3 Super Bowls and was enshrined in Canton among other accomplishments.  His team has played in that absolute dump since the 60s with the exception of the move to the nation’s 2nd biggest market.  No comparison to Felix the jackass.

If JR is approving it I suspect he will pick someone he expects would not mov the team. The conspiracy theory part of me thinks he might already be behind the scenes organizing the group that's going to be approved to purchase the team.

Bruton and Marcus Smith...where did I hear that??

oh yeah, when I was told there would be no action until the season is over...

Pie me now, Mr. Scot

Just now, Reynman said:

Bruton and Marcus Smith...where did I hear that??

oh yeah, when I was told there would be no action until the season is over...

Pie me now, Mr. Scot

The season is over.

Mr Scot...if you really believe that there are no back channel conversations going on regarding the sale of the team, then it is you, my friend, that doesn’t understand how business works.

Sure, kid.

"I have sources" gets you no credibility when you can't back it up.

Nice attempt at an attention grab, buuuuut no.

Mhm...lots of talk about the sale of the club...sorry to troll, but you’re out of your element, Donnie.

But not talk that fits your narrative, Sanjay.

Just pie the man...narrative confirmed 

7 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I would bet a good bit of it stems from the fact that Sabates wants to throw the  current PSL s at BOA stadium into the garbage,  if he gets his wish and buys the team and he and the new owners get the new stadium they want.

13 minutes ago, Reynman said:

Mr Scot...if you really believe that there are no back channel conversations going on regarding the sale of the team, then it is you, my friend, that doesn’t understand how business works.

Sure, kid.

"I have sources" gets you no credibility when you can't back it up.

Nice attempt at an attention grab, buuuuut no.

Mhm...lots of talk about the sale of the club...sorry to troll, but you’re out of your element, Donnie.

But not talk that fits your narrative, Sanjay.

Just pie the man...narrative confirmed 

There's nothing "back channel" about Sabates and Smith discussing going in together on a bid. Anybody can do that.

It would only be back channel if Jerry Richardson were shown to be giving them an inside track, and there's nothing to indicate that's true.

If they do end up working together, then Sabates and Smith will put in their bid, others will put in theirs and somebody will win.

That's just the normal process.

Tidbit from the Sabates article...

Sabates said his group, which started with five businessmen, has added two race car drivers whom he declined to name.

So if it's Jeff Gordon, do all the Dale Earnhardt fans get pissed?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tidbit from the Sabates article...

So if it's Jeff Gordon, do all the Dale Earnhardt fans get pissed?

The more I hear the more this sounds like a bunch of super rich but not “buy a NFL team” rich guys sitting around dreaming. They aren’t far off I bet but it’s all blustering and steam.  Jeff and Dale could stoke a 50m check but I really don’t think Sabates could. These kinds of groups are all talk. I’ll be interested once they actually put in a LOI and begun being vetted. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BPAPP

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts