Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers will hire Norv Turner as OC

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, RumHam said:

The difference between Norv and Shula is that Norv knows how to call a game and design plays. 

and Norv knows how to teach during the week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Was excited about getting Turner until I read a couple articles about him and his play calling... 

Looks like instead of having the “young grasshopper” we’re getting Mr Miagi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here goes that typical huddle optimism after a new addition is added to the team. Not excited about this and i will just wait for the results like i did with Kalil, Russel Sheppard and other pre determined  failures recently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Listen you fug sticks... 

 

Norv is a significant upgrade over Shula. If you don't think so you are absolutely clueless. 

 

This makes the Panthers a contender this season. 

 

Stop yer bitchin. 

Cheezin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Anyone who doesn't think that Shula's SCHEME had its advantages is blind with hatred. Shula's problem was SITUATIONAL. I am choosing to believe we can be successful with a similar scheme but better awareness.

Exactly he didn't have a feel for the ebb and flow of the game. His lack of adjustments always reared its ugly head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't read the whole thread so apologize if this has been asked already. For the Huddlers throwing shade at the Norv Turner hiring, who is it that you think would be a better hire? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

So why google it? 

so people on a message board don't have to hold your wittle hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Was excited about getting Turner until I read a couple articles about him and his play calling... 

Looks like instead of having the “young grasshopper” we’re getting Mr Miagi 

Give me Mr. Miagi over Danielson every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

Exactly he didn't have a feel for the ebb and flow of the game. His lack of adjustments always reared its ugly head.

Hence the super bowl.  Denver said we did the same things they saw on tape. Denver game planned to stop us.  And when they had us dead to rights Shula couldn’t or didn’t have any adjustments. 

That super bowl shoulda been a gift to us. With a half azz compentant OC we win  that one easy. Wade Phillips probably still gets hard when he thinks of shulas  plays to this day. He  exposed Shula and Ron was either too dumb or in denial too much to notice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norv Turner is an upgrade for sure, but he's only an ingredient for success. Norv, or any other OC on the market right now would struggle with the talent and depth that's currently on this offense. We have glaring gaps on the offensive line, WR, and if we're being honest, RB, because CMC should be a Julian Edelman type, and Stew is on his last leg. We'll need another bull. No OC could succeed if that's the talent you've surrounded your former MVP QB with.

The difference is, once we get it, I'm confident Norv would know what to do with it. Or better yet, I have confidence in his ability to get the talent he needs to shape his offense. For that reason alone this should be encouraging news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

Hence the super bowl.  Denver said we did the same things they saw on tape. Denver game planned to stop us.  And when they had us dead to rights Shula couldn’t or didn’t have any adjustments. 

That super bowl shoulda been a gift to us. With a half azz compentant OC we win  that one easy. Wade Phillips probably still gets hard when he thinks of shulas  plays to this day. He  exposed Shula and Ron was either too dumb or in denial too much to notice 

wasn’t there another report about how one of the teams we played figured out when we were going to snap the ball every time? i thought it came out last year. idk which team it was specifically. denver or seattle or whoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've complained about the broadcasters seeming to root against the Panthers before, you'll love the move. Aikman will GUSH over Norv the entire broadcast if we complete a single pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×