• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebigcat

So what is BOA exactly missing to suddenly be obsolete?

11 minutes ago, Panther49er said:

Parking revenue? Really? That’s just stupid. If we move to the middle of nowhere where the team receives all the money for parked cars, let’s just say there’s 25,000 cars per game.. Avg cost to park $20.. 25,000 x $20 = $500,000 x 8 games per year = $4 million... That ain’t poo and definitely not a reason to move the stadium.

Except the average parking will be $50 and there are 10 games. And that number is greater than $0 by a lot. 

We could use some creative minds to make a sliding dome over BofA stadium.

The problem is that people with big pockets and egos will want to piss on anything they buy even if it’s not necessary. Moving the stadium is the biggest on non-necessities. Hope the new ownership is more creative than the Sabates group.

35 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

That's not worth a $500 million relocation fee for a new owner nor is that worth $2 billion for a new stadium

There wouldn't be a relocation fee if it were within the Carolinas, right...? There wasn't a relocation fee for the 49ers' new Santa Clara stadium.

9 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Except the average parking will be $50 and there are 10 games. And that number is greater than $0 by a lot. 

Plus 4-5 marquee events a year outside football. Possible soccer team one day like Seattle does etc...  parking could get north of 30m in revenue if done right.

Honestly though I don’t see the parking as a needle mover. It’s going to be the insane luxury amenities and offerings that boost revenue. Unfortunately that pushes out core PSL owners if a new stadium.  

Dont listen to Sabates. He is just playing a classic business hand in asking the city for 1b for a new dome and would settle for 200m for renovations of BOA.  If I were buying the team I would be doing the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Can someone explain to me what is wrong with BOA, and why could we not play in Clemson or SC 1 year and put a dome on the stadium if we need one that bad?

If a lot of the pre-work was done and they back loaded the home game schedule you could probably get away with only playing pre-season games at Clemson, just guessing.  

1 minute ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Can someone explain to me what is wrong with BOA, and why could we not play in Clemson or SC 1 year and put a dome on the stadium if we need one that bad?

Nothing. No one is saying there is. The topic of a dome is speculative down the line 5-10 years at the earliest.  It is just coming up due to the sale.

The Clemson option wouldn’t be a problem per we but it would take more than one season I think to build. The fear you are hearing is new stadium uptown or in Gastonia, it’s going to displace all current PSL owners. Rabble rabble. 

3 minutes ago, pnthrs said:

Nothing. No one is saying there is. The topic of a dome is speculative down the line 5-10 years at the earliest.  It is just coming up due to the sale.

The Clemson option wouldn’t be a problem per we but it would take more than one season I think to build. The fear you are hearing is new stadium uptown or in Gastonia, it’s going to displace all current PSL owners. Rabble rabble. 

Yea I’m a psl owner based out of Clemson... so a move to more northern North Carolina would not be fun for me... I’m willing to buy a new psl if they include the balance I paid for mine towards a new one...

I see nothing wrong with BOA Stadium. It is a beautiful building. They have been making improvements for the last several years. I love the escalators since I am older and the knees don't like the ramps so much anymore, and the refresh to the concourses are really nice. I also like the giant video boards. Much better than what used to be there. Football should be played outdoors on grass in the elements, instead of indoors on a concrete floor covered with a carpet. We don't need a new stadium or a dome on the current one, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Yea I’m a psl owner based out of Clemson... so a move to more northern North Carolina would not be fun for me... I’m willing to buy a new psl if they include the balance I paid for mine towards a new one...

I wish the same for mine. We won’t be so lucky :/

Rain/Snow and 104 degree F or 26 degree F games.  None of those match current or future must haves on game day experiences for millennials.

You have been left behind.

13 minutes ago, pnthrs said:

I wish the same for mine. We won’t be so lucky :/

Agreed.  They would probably charge 3-5times what I paid for mine, and I’m in the uppers.  Forget about it if you have a prime lower level seat, easily a 30-40k cost of entry

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Sabates is attempting soften up the local and state government for yet another economic handout to a billionaire team owner.  The implication is clear, the Panthers future in the carolinas is in jeopardy if these new stadium demands aren't met.

Hopefully JR chooses an owner that has loyalty/ties to the region and no need or desire for a public handout.

Such a person doesn't exist.

It's not new and flashy enough compared to all the other stadiums to justify charging exorbitant prices and to attract big events. Not a good reason but that's the trend right now and for those with the money, that's all that matters. 

39 minutes ago, WesleyM said:

Agreed.  They would probably charge 3-5times what I paid for mine, and I’m in the uppers.  Forget about it if you have a prime lower level seat, easily a 30-40k cost of entry

Economic reality would hit the fools like a ton of bricks when they realize people 1)don’t have the money, 2)don’t have the same interest in the NFL for MANY reasons, and 3)are absolutely so disgusted and outraged they become fans of teams playing the Panthers instead of remaining Panther fans.