• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebigcat

So what is BOA exactly missing to suddenly be obsolete?

I agree. Keeping the Panthers in the Carolinas is paramount. But the new owners should prove they want to be here, by building their own stadium, with ya know their own money.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

What are we missing? A giant sphincter. Can't believe gone through four pages and no one said it.

oh believe me. I thought the new stadium should look like a giant penis.

10 hours ago, thebigcat said:

I know sabates is a moron but many fans now use ride share service or light rail to get to the game

That's what they don't want. The new owners are gonna want their own parking. This isn't about BoA being not good enough, but that isn't what this is about. Owners are gonna want make money. 

All this talk about moving seems to assume that the NFL would allow them to move.

I wouldn't say that's a sure thing.  At least I dont see them letting the team move out of the market. 

29 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

All this talk about moving seems to assume that the NFL would allow them to move.

I wouldn't say that's a sure thing.  At least I dont see them letting the team move out of the market. 

Zero chance.  24 owners must approve.  Zero chance.  15+ million people in two football crazed states.  Zero chance.  An airport with a two hour or less flight to 60% of the US population.  Zero chance.

Or new ownership holds a city for ransom for guaranteed tax money to take a cut then it has to be state of the art so the owners can call jack off together with their half mile long screens and parking garages and it becomes something where rich people can only afford to go and it's a retractable dome built somewhere outside the suburbs with an applebees next door fug this.

I've been lucky enough to travel to several NFL stadiums for games over the years and I can tell you that externally, BofA is the prettiest stadium as far as its outside appearance goes. Inside it's been upgraded to the point where things work well, in the bowl itself you don't have weird corners, with seats off the edge of the field (when we went to New England for example, we were up at the top about 15 yards past the end of the grass below), or worse yet, a dome that looks like a shopping mall like New Orleans. The new owners narcissism is the only thing making something like a new stadium absolutely necessary, but I will say that the parking situation is getting dicier every year, and most owners do want that parking revenue.

we don't need a new stadium. 

Go watch games at the other stadiums.  Yeah, the new Dallas stadium is crazy.....but that isn't the norm nor should it be.   BOA definitely doesn't fall on the low end of the list in terms stadium quality.  It might not be one the top end ones but it is a great stadium for the time being. 

I will repeat what any in here are already saying.  Panthers Stadium while "old" was built in a modern era way.  It has a lot of suites, and a whole lot club seats.  Plus the club section has their own nice indoor concessions and lounge area.  There is also plenty of room inside for new amenities to be added.  

Plus, I also have been to plenty other stadiums around the country and Panther Stadium ranks right up there.  It is in a great location .. you can tailgate, go to a bar, go to a restaurant, hang out at Rearden Park, etc etc  ... take a train if you want.   It is also a very nice and cool looking stadium.   And when you ask people or take someone to a game they also mention or compliment what a nice stadium it is.   So compared to about 28 or so other places Panthers Stadium is right up there and even better than a bunch of them.   Finally the parking is actually better the way it is.  I park five blocks out and get out of the city no problem.  You go to any of the teams with a big mega lot and it take 2 hours to get out of there.  And yeah the parking part is all about making money because those big mega lots, being the only place and choice to park, charge at a min usually $40.  

All this is also why I say screw Sabates and his group.  Right off the bat its "I want a new stadium" and "going to build it in SC or by the airport".  I mean shoot... how about a little "I want to buy the Panthers because it's a great organization, team, and I love football and want to bring a Superbowl to the city"

I'll reiterate... BoA isn't flashy, but it is still one of the top venues in the league when it comes to serving its purpose.

It holds 75K, and there isn't a single bad seat in the house. There are several places in MBS and the Superdome that require binoculars.

Its simple bowl design allows for smooth crowd control. I've never had to wait in an exit line like I have at almost every other stadium I've been to.

The location can't be beat, and the skyline backdrop on a clear day is so cool that it is arguably distracting during the game.

It is susceptible to the elements, but the gorgeous sunny fall days offset the cold or rainy games. 

7 minutes ago, TNPanther said:

I'll reiterate... BoA isn't flashy, but it is still one of the top venues in the league when it comes to serving its purpose.

It holds 75K, and there isn't a single bad seat in the house. There are several places in MBS and the Superdome that require binoculars.

Its simple bowl design allows for smooth crowd control. I've never had to wait in an exit line like I have at almost every other stadium I've been to.

The location can't be beat, and the skyline backdrop on a clear day is so cool that it is arguably distracting during the game.

It is susceptible to the elements, but the gorgeous sunny fall days offset the cold or rainy games. 

12 hours ago, dave-o said:

With a new stadium I want to know who replaces those 60,000 pissed off PSL owners who just lost their seats....  They wont want to re-up....

yes they will.  They said the same thing here in Atlanta.. and else where.   Some won't but a majority will and there will be new people to take their place. 

1 minute ago, Udogg said:

yes they will.  They said the same thing here in Atlanta.. and else where.   Some won't but a majority will and there will be new people to take their place. 

Those weren't PSL's where they?  

4 minutes ago, Udogg said:

Like hell they will.  I’ve yet to talk to one, and I know many.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    archer4364

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts