• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Drama in Steeler country?

I would be surprised if Tomlin is let go.  You don't do that unless there's a better option available and I just do not see an upgrade out there over him.

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would be surprised if Tomlin is let go.  You don't do that unless there's a better option available and I just do not see an upgrade out there over him.

I don't think anything happens this year. 

But the fact that people are talking about it now does mean that if the problems continue in the future, the talk could get louder.

This is one of those stories I'd make a mental note of and file it away for later.

48 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Because we have a coach who continues to screw up clock management and whose decision making at crucial times in games is very questionable but he gets a 2 year extension 

That and it is our off-season, so NFL news is allowed in the main forum until next season.

When you look at how talented that offense is, I'm shocked every time they lose out in the playoffs. 

I completely agree that the roster is full of undisciplined me first guys that care more about stats and money than winning. The Steelers are constantly in the news for the wrong reasons. I think ownership has a point. That roster should have won more in the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Snake said:

They probably have there eyes on someone in the organization. 

Munchak

5 hours ago, FugAllY'all said:

Tomlin is a great head coach but I don't fault them for being upset given the talent that team has, especially on offense. No excuse for them to not be playing next week, especially given that they lost to the Bortman.

They lost to the best defense in the NFL. People better start taking the Jaguars serious. When they beat the Pats Sunday maybe that will get the NFL attention.

That defense is very young, they will be around contending for 3-5 years if they stay healthy.

Just now, Trill OG said:

They lost to the best defense in the NFL. People better start taking the Jaguars serious. When they beat the Pats Sunday maybe that will get the NFL attention.

That defense is very young, they will be around contending for 3-5 years if they stay healthy.

A defense they dismissed ahead of time

22 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

When you look at how talented that offense is, I'm shocked every time they lose out in the playoffs. 

I completely agree that the roster is full of undisciplined me first guys that care more about stats and money than winning. The Steelers are constantly in the news for the wrong reasons. I think ownership has a point. That roster should have won more in the playoffs. 

Also kinda odd given Tomlin's rep as a no-nonsense ass kicker.

(of course, at one time that was Rivera's rep, too)

3 minutes ago, RLT89 said:

steelers do need to fire their OC that guy an idiot on 4th and 1 and you have a qb like big ben why would you not just qb sneak it for the easy 1st down.

OC is a free agent. They don't have to fire him.

38 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

The Jaguars defense is not why they lost. They scored 42 points on them. It’s the Steelers defense that was the embarrassment.

Tomlin is a solidly mediocre HC blessed with a franchise QB and the best RB and WR in the game. not sure there is a better HC out there right now but i cant blame them for wanting him gone. its what a successful franchise demands.

1 hour ago, RLT89 said:

steelers do need to fire their OC that guy an idiot on 4th and 1 and you have a qb like big ben why would you not just qb sneak it for the easy 1st down.

that was a dumb decision but they did also put up 42 on the the best D in the NFL.

1 hour ago, RLT89 said:

because their defense is trash and can't stop anyone.

Which is why they should just give up and return Mike Mitchell.

25 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Which is why they should just give up and return Mike Mitchell.

I would hope the team would aim a little higher...and younger.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    archer4364

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts