Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveThePanther2008

Top 32 players

Recommended Posts

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-oklahomas-okoronkwo-ready-for-major-rise/

I count out of these top 32 at least 14 maybe 15 players that can fit the bill for us.  This list does not include Ridley.

An interesting name is Frank Ragnow, Center, Arkansas.  It depends on whether we think Kalil will be back.  If we cut ties with him a top quality center is needed.  Larsen is a good backup but IMO shouldn't be a regular starter.  There was a clear difference between him and Kalil.

I know the top 32 doesn't always equate to first round but I love the part where they say he is the Chubb of Centers.  Checks all the boxes.

Thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


42 minutes ago, theballboy said:

Kalil is one hell of a center. Night and day difference with him and Larsen. Larsen is starter material but Kalil is a pro bow/all pro. I hope that Kalil will take a pay cut to help us out. If he doesnt, Im not going to be mad. However if Kalil decides that it’s over, it would help us financially. But I will not cut Kalil this offseason. Cam needs Kalil more than anyone. Also, it’s looking like we are losing Norwell. I dont want to reshuffle the OL. Wont be good on Cam especially when he will already have to learn a new offense under Norv. I do like Ragnow a lot, but not sure I would take him 1st or 2nd unless we lose Kalil. If he’s somehow there in the 3rd, go all for it. 

 

Now for the top32, Derwin James was my favorite player in 2016. Still like him a ton. Would take him at 24. 

Taven Bryan is a guy that I keep hearing nothing but good stuffs about. If we lose Star, I would consider him too as a BPA. Of course he’s not a run stuffer but very very talented. 

Rarely does a player rated in the top 32 fall into the 3rd round unless they have legal issues.  Ragnow might make it to our selection at 56 but not even close to 88.

There are 4 or 5 OTs on this list.  With at least 5 (maybe even 6 according to some mocks) QBs possibly going before us the odds increase that one of them will be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, theballboy said:

I do not want an OT. Daryl is playing like a pro bowler at RT. We have bigger problems than a LT. If we dont get Peppers back and do nothing at DE, we are in for some big trouble. 

Bottom line will be if management believes Matt "speed bump" Kalil is an effective LT.  Most here think he is terrible and for me he has had some good games and than some terrible games.  This decision will determine everything.

Our draft strategy will be based on what we do in free agency.   I think we can find a good WR that fits Turner's offense in Free Agency and address LT in the draft especially if one of the 1st round rated LT are available.

Someone pointed out that our 2017 draft class was "redshirted" and will have to step up in 2018.  Hall and Elder just to name a few.  If Hall and Elder learned anything during their time on the IR we might be OK at DE and CB.

Of course, we are always looking to improve those positions either through Free Agency or the draft.

Like I said, it will be based on the front office mindset on how those players will perform going forward.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want offense, I want a WR, I want weapons for Cam...then draft whoever the hell you want after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How we attack the draft should be determined by how we attack and what transpires in free agency.  You use free agency to give clarity to the draft. Then you start working on finding your gems from there based upon some combination of talent, fit and need. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use Moton at center,  his size and power would allow him to take on more 1-1 blocks. This free up OGs for more pulling situation & double  team with the OTs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theballboy said:

I do not want an OT. Daryl is playing like a pro bowler at RT. We have bigger problems than a LT. If we dont get Peppers back and do nothing at DE, we are in for some big trouble. 

OL is good would draft one in lower rounds for depth. 

Needs: TE, RB, FS, DE , DT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Rarely does a player rated in the top 32 fall into the 3rd round unless they have legal issues.  Ragnow might make it to our selection at 56 but not even close to 88.

There are 4 or 5 OTs on this list.  With at least 5 (maybe even 6 according to some mocks) QBs possibly going before us the odds increase that one of them will be available.

Depends on the position

Rarely do Centers go that high.  Billy Price may go borderline 1st but most likely be a 2nd.  His Ohio State teamate, the #1 Center in last class fell to the 3rd

 

Ive got Ragnow going to us with our 1st 3rd round pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Depends on the position

Rarely do Centers go that high.  Billy Price may go borderline 1st but most likely be a 2nd.  His Ohio State teamate, the #1 Center in last class fell to the 3rd

 

Ive got Ragnow going to us with our 1st 3rd round pick

If he is rated that high.  No way he reaches our first pick in the 3rd round.88th pick.  Never happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If he is rated that high.  No way he reaches our first pick in the 3rd round.88th pick.  Never happen

Centers do (again just look at last year with Elfien)  And post combine he want be the #32 overall.  He's not even the #1 Center, that would be Price.  Ive only seen a few mocks have him outside of rhe 3rd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Centers do (again just look at last year with Elfien)  And post combine he want be the #32 overall.  He's not even the #1 Center, that would be Price.  Ive only seen a few mocks have him outside of rhe 3rd

We'll see.  Would love to see it but I will be surprised if he makes it to use at 56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I want offense, I want a WR, I want weapons for Cam...then draft whoever the hell you want after that.

Pretty much this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed Sunday that the Vikings had moved Remmers to LG. Maybe the Panthers could do the same thing with Kalil and draft or sign an OT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything depends on what happens in free agency obviously, but in my mind we've relied on free agent Safeties for long enough and need to go ahead and draft one early. Also, DE is a very old position and we need more youth there, so an early DE pick would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are only 4 QB's on that list. Despite what grades they are given many believe that Baker and Allen will also go top 25. Having 6 QB's go before us makes our 24th pick turn into 18th. I will be pulling very hard for all six of those guys to nail their pro day and wow the scouts so that teams are falling all over themselves to snag one before we pick. It's a real shame all 3 Clemson DL guys went back to school. That did hurt us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,357
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Ceanderson
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      141,022
    • Total Posts
      4,493,564
×